SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellie_53

Living room furniture layout options- please help

Kellie
3 years ago

I am struggling with how best to layout the furniture in this living room with all the circulation paths. And I would ideally like to have a place to set things down (take off shoes, hang up coats, keys, etc) when entering from the garage, but I'm starting to think it's impossible. I've come up with two options but I'm not crazy about either of them... What do you think? Is one of these a winner or is there a better layout that I'm not considering?

This first option has the couch centered on the window which I like and there is space by the front door for a coat rack/shoe storage... Although, most people enter from the garage so this isn't ideal because you would have to walk across the space to put up shoes, coats, etc.

This second option seems to make a better use of the space but the couch is not centered on the window and I feel like it's weird to walk in the front door into the middle of the living room between the TV and couch. Also it seems like there needs to be something else at the other end of this living room as a focal point so I'm showing a fireplace, but maybe that could be coat/shoe storage..? But people don't want to see coats/shoes sitting within the living room space, right?

Comments (18)