SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Dressing daybed in home office

robo (z6a)
3 years ago

Hi everyone!

Well, my home office has taken over my guest room. I need a guest bed but it's such a small room that I ditched the full bed previously in here and went for a daybed. Now I need to dress it! Any ideas for me?

My work is casual enough (and covid has impinged on all of us enough) that a sofa-like thing can be in the background of my zoom calls but I want it to read more sofa/daybed than bed.

The room is small at about 8 x 11, plus the 8x4 nook that the daybed is sitting in. So I can't, for example, float a desk in the middle of the room.

I'm lazy and have an active kid so painting isn't at the very top of my list but I wouldn't be averse to painting out the cream in the future. Also definitely adding a bigger rug and new drapes once I figure out the bed.

I'm Canadian so my best sources are usually Etsy, Wayfair, Bed Bath and Beyond.

The daybed nook is about 96" wide.

The area where the desk is, is about 90" wide to the closet. So the daybed would just fit there with no end table.

The desk does not fit on the right side wall above the window. The desk fits on the left hand wall BUT the backlighting from the window is very poor for video calls.

The bookcase impinges on the closet door and it bothers me, but I can still access the closet.

Everything in here except the furniture is shopped from my house and temporary.

Comments (43)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus