SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_zdulska

Choosing Rugs for Entry Way/Living Room

Anna Zdulska
3 years ago

I need help with choosing rug sizes in this room.

In our new home, we don’t have a foyer. It is just me and my fiancé so we purchased a white armoire to keep our coats and extra shoes. We keep one pair of shoes right by our front door inside the house. There is simply no space to build a foyer.

It is an open floor plan that has this first small living room, then a dining room, then a very large living room with fireplace and high ceilings. Our goal is to make this room into a “creativity room” for guitar and reading, and also to put our coats down.

I want to put a cowhide rug and 1 more chair in the that right corner with the guitar. Guitar will be hung up on wall.

My question is about the rug. I keep reading how the room should be grounded with a large rug. Is it ok that this rug doesn’t touch the armoire if it’s not technically part of the room? I’m thinking about adding a 2 x 6 area rug as a “walk way” to the armoire- a blue and ivory one that complements the rug we have. My fiancé says “too many rugs” since it will be this rug in the picture, an ivory cowhide, and an area rug. What do you guys think?

Comment (1)