SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkisp11

HELP! New trim keeps falling off!

Nikki D
3 years ago

I just had my cabinets installed in September, and since then multiple pieces of the lower trim have fallen off with very minimal pressure. Opening the cabinet I am bound to touch it with that part of my arm, and they’re wobbling. The cabinet company came back and glued some on and retacked them, but at this point, I want them all removed and fastened another way. This is only 2 months later! I am hoping someone has some options that I can give to them, because I am literally about to lose my mind. The molding doesn‘t fasten underneath there is nothing giving it support, so any minimal downward pressure they fall off onto the counter. I’m a small person, and I am babying these cabinets, so my forearm touching them while opening the door, should not dislodge the trim!!!!! They’re all separate pieces, and the pieces still attached are also loose. They will probably fall off if I sneeze. They’ve been tacked on and brush touched so many times and I cannot keep doing this with them. I was in tears, so I am hoping someone has some advice for me. I seriously regret paying what I did for custom cabinets. The install has been a nightmare. I have to pay someone to fix the damage to the new ceiling and walls, and they nailed right thru the side of the one cabinet that I didn’t even mention because I didn’t want to seem like a nag. But I have had enough, and I am about to lose my sh*t!

Please see attached pics - the top

is from today, the bottom ones are from the last time it happened.

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice/options you can offer!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012