SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_154501749

Kitchen Faucet and Hole Size - Delta 1-3/8" and Moen 1-1/2"

B K
3 years ago

I need some help with kitchen faucets and the hole required for installation. Delta's requirement is 1-3/8" diameter and Moen's requirement is 1-1/2" diameter. I'm not sure which one to get and which hole diameter choice would be the conservative choice.

1. If a 1-1/2" hole is cut, can a Delta product be installed now or later? Maybe with some kind of material to thicken up the Delta faucet? I'm assuming cutting a 1-3/8" hole will not work the other way in that i won't be able to fit a Moen product EVER in a 1-3/8" hole.

2. I have read on here that Delta is 1-3/8" +/- 1/4" but i haven't been able to find this "+/- 1/4"" measurement anywhere in Delta faucets specs. Anyone see this +/-1/4" spec"

3. I have heard that Delta faucets are built with more brass or steel whereas Moen has more plastic. I know both are good brands but is this true? Or do people's results vary and they are both similar products in the grand scheme of faucets.

4. I have read somewhere that a heavier faucet has more brass/steel therefore weight is a good indicator of durability. Myth or truth?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Comments (10)