SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_57836913

Anyone like to give kitchen design advice?

Tiffany Trautman
3 years ago

We are purchasing this house and would like to do a kitchen remodel. The goal is to add more cabinets and make the small kitchen more conducive to a large family of 9.

Here are things we are thinking:

1. We would like to move the slider doors down to the living room (currently it is a living room, but it will be a dining room once we remodel) and use the space where the sliders are currently to install more cabinets and our refrigerator or have it become a pantry. Not sure which would be better.

2. Above the sink, I really would like to have a double (or triple if we can afford it) window to add light to the room.

3. To the left of the stove, there is a doorway to an office that we want to close up and put more counters and cabinets in that space and the corner (where the shallow pantry is currently).

4. Where the fridge and shallow pantry is currently, I'd like to create a larger pantry. OR, we could put the pantry where the slider is and keep the fridge where it is and just do more cabinets, creating a U shape kitchen... don't know...

5. I don't think I can fit an island, can I? The room is pretty narrow.. but what do you think?

6. I am hoping that we can take out the bulkhead and have cabinets go to the ceiling.

Does anyone have any advice? Any red flags? Any better thoughts?

Kitchen Remodel · More Info

Comments (41)