Severe weather tonight

schoolhouse_gwagain

Here in Northeast Ohio, severe thunderstorm warning until 8:45pm. May include hail.

At first I went out and made sure the plastic lighted pumpkins in my Halloween decor in the mailbox cover were secure, then had second thoughts and went back out and brought them inside! lol High winds, possible power outages mentioned too. So far all I see is that the rain has begun.

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kathsgrdn

Stay safe!

Save    
maifleur03

Stay safe and hope the wind blows the leaves off of the branches. This area starting late Sunday through Tuesday is forecast to have snow showers which may be heading your way. Missouri River Basin NWS shows 1 1/2 inches which should be a safe amount. First freeze tonight which should take care of a lot of the leaves but many are still green.

Save    
bpath

Are you getting the recent storms we had around Chicago? It was a lot of rain and wind, I wish we could have sent the rain (not the wind) out west, to Colorado!

Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

We have the same forecast here in NW PA. It is raining and windy right now

Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

Well it rained hard for a short while, no hail, some wind, but not the 60mph winds they predicted. I think the pumpkins would have survived. All quiet now at 10pm.

1 Like Save    
Ont_Gal

We got it up here in Central Ontario Canada as well. Heavy rains, thunder & lightning as well....its' calmed down now @ 10:20 EST

Save    
Fun2BHere

Glad it wasn't too bad.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Yesterday as we were leaving the hospital, I had an Echo on my heart, a cold front was moving in. The leading edge roll cloud hit. It went from zero wind and rain to 60+ mph wind and blinding rain in about 2 minutes. It was scary. Water coming down so hard and fast that street flooding was happening almost instantly. The wind was fierce. It was blowing the car around on the road. Literally couldn't see in front of the car. We exited and pulled into a parking lot. It was gone by pretty quickly. That was a very strong and very fast moving front. I am glad it was over quickly. We got home and poor little Mia was hiding under the bed.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories