Pretty postage stamps available

socks

These stamps are so pretty. Something different for anyone sending cards. I ordered online from USPS. They charge $1.30 for shipping. Seems odd, oh well.

SaveComment16Like8
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lindsey_CA

I bought $66.50 worth of stamps online in April, and paid $1.80 shipping. The only time I use stamps is when I send snail mail letters to my sister who lives in a board and care home, and for sending cards. You'd think the Postal Service could just deliver a stamp order along with the rest of your mail for no additional cost, but, still, paying $1.80 is worth it to me to not to have to go to the Post Office.

Those are pretty stamps, though. I think I'll have to take a look to see what other new designs they might have. My sister is big on sending out cards and notes, and she always appreciates getting stamps.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by socks
bpath

Oh, those are so nice! I recently bought a roll, because I have a very handy heavy brass roll-dispenser. But I may need a sheet of the winter scenes for all our winter occasions. (You know the expression, in spring a young man’s fancy turns to thoughts of love? Apparently our family is the source of that expression. . . )

3 Likes Save     Thanked by socks
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I always order mine. I go through all the various forever stamps and get the ones I like best. Currently I have some beautiful orchids, Chinese new year, Scooby-Doo, celebration fireworks, and the flag.

1 Like Save     Thanked by socks
schoolhouse_gwagain

I really like those stamps. I'll get some for my Christmas cards.

Kathsgrdn

I got those same stamps today. They were preordered at the time because they weren't available when I ordered them. Weird that I am still waiting for the other stamps I bought at the same time that were supposedly available.

Lukki Irish

Those are pretty! Worth the 1.30 IMO.

donna_loomis

I love the Scooby Doo stamps! But they are rather large and I can't use them for certain windowed envelopes.

Fun2BHere

I received my pack of the winter scenes yesterday. I also ordered some of one of the 70-cent version of a floral to use for my square Christmas cards this year. I just discovered that the post office has closed down the personalized stamp program where you could send an image to various web sites and they would make them into first class stamps. I'm really disappointed because that was one of my favorite things to use for special birthdays and holidays.

Save     Thanked by socks
marilyn_c

Those are beautiful!

sjerin

Thank you, Socks! I just ordered some.

socks

I know which one you like the best, Marilyn! But they are all good.

Save    
jill302

The winter scenes are very pretty, I may have to order some. . Last week I was at the post office mailing some documents, decided to pick up some Forever Stamps as I was low. Well the post office was low too, I ended up with Sesame Street and Scooby Doo. Fun, but I need some that are a bit less “fun” as well.

I think in the past they did deliver stamps for free.

Rose Pekelnicky

About a month ago I bought some online from the USPS. Mine were American Gardens. My son looked in the desk for a stamp and when he saw them he asked if they were stamps. They are a larger size and have lovely pictures

socks

They are like tiny works of art, aren't they, Rose?

Save    
Alisande

Those are pretty! I love commemorative stamps. I try to get them from our local post office because it's small and they rely on purchases to stay in business, but this year I ordered Ruth Asawa, the Mayflower in Plymouth Harbor, and Harlem Renaissance from the USPS. Their shipping charge of $1.30 is the exact cost of the postage required to send them to you.

amylou321

Those are pretty. I wish I had stocked up when they had Charlie Brown and Rudolph christmas stamps. I only got a sheet of each and I'm kicking myself for it now that they are all gone. :(

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Urban Gardens Postage Stamp Garden Delivers in Boston
A designer conquers an urban challenge with a private, green, modern space that honors New England tradition
Full Story
Eclectic Homes My Houzz: Austin Couple Put Their Stamp on a Bright New Home
They personalize their modern architect-designed spec house with warm midcentury furnishings, custom details and creative DIY touches
Full Story
Holidays Luxurious Holiday Table Settings for Less
Pair colorful glasses, gorgeous garden finds and hand-stamped napkins for a holiday table that looks positively rich
Full Story
At Iris Design Associates, our foremost goal is the creation of design that has the authentic sense of place and... Read More
We are a company that cares about our clients and the craftsmanship of the work we provide. Honesty, hard work,... Read More