SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrea89smith

See kitchen from front door

Andrea Smith
3 years ago

Hi! I have a 1950s typical ranch style home where you walk directly into the living room when you enter the home. There is no foyer or partitioned off space. The straight on view from the front door is a wall which hides a boxed kitchen, and to the right of that wall/kitchen is the dining area, which is open to the living room and can be seen from the front door. We are in the beginning planning stage of our kitchen remodel, and I would love to do an open concept, as I find them more welcoming and better for hosting friends and family. My only reservation is that by removing the kitchen walls, you would now have a direct view of the kitchen from the front door. I’m having a hard time visualizing what this space will be, and am hoping for pictures from others who have an open concept space you walk into from your front door. I am also wondering if you can see your kitchen from your front door, do you like it? I’ve attached some photos from the listing when we bought the home a few years ago to give you an idea of the layout. Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)