SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mxk3

Costa Esmeralda granite is in...and I don't like it

mxk3 z5b_MI
3 years ago

I am so disappointed. And sad. How could I have loved a stone so much when I saw it but don't like it in my house? I don't think it's the fault of the stone, I think it's my fault for letting myself be seduced by the beauty of her and veering from my vision. It doesn't look that bad, but it doesn't look quite right, either...and mostly it just isn't what I wanted. What I wanted is a honed dark countertop, Virginia Mist, to be exact. To make matters worse, it has not been pleasant working with this fabricator, the pass-thru ledge piece still isn't in (it broke during fabrication, he's supposed to be re-cutting another piece -- which he will because I still owe him $4K...), and there's some issues with installation I can't even deal with right now.

Here are some pics. Lighting is bad, I know -- I had the electrician out this weekend for an estimate on lighting, but this is what it is right now. The stone is definitely green but it reading more blue in a couple of these pics -- the green is a blue-green, not an olive green.

Maybe tomorrow I'll like it better. I don't know. I hope so.

^^ The moveable island isn't back in place yet, when I move it back there won't be this large expanse of all the wood the same color.

Comments (50)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville