Texting to Tracfone

Bluebell66

A friend of mine uses a TracFone, while I have a Google phone and service by Verizon. For some reason, I am no longer able to text her, but she can text me. Our local Verizon rep doesn't have an answer, nor does TracFone tech support. Has anyone experienced this issue? Thanks.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

Ask her if she accidentally blocked you. I do not know how to clear it or even know any more where to look just know of someone that it happened to when the phone stated that the call was spam.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Bluebell66
Elmer J Fudd

The brand of phone, the carrier used, etc., should make no difference at all. I have a cheap Tracphone and basic service as a second cell phone that I use for a specific purpose I don't want to use my good cell phone for and it connects over the Verizon network. Not that it matters but with it I get top tier connections and service for a bottom tier price. The hardware I have is inexpensive and inferior to my good phone but the network service is indistinguishable.

Tracfone itself has no network of its own, it piggybacks and buys access for its customers from Verizon and, I think, ATT.

I agree with maifleur, it's likely to be a setting or other software problem. Are YOU able to send text messages to other people? Can you "reply" to messages she sends you? Does it show on your phone that the message was sent?

The only solution I can think of would be for you each to try using a different SMS message app and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then one or both of you have a setting that's preventing the connection.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Bluebell66
Bluebell66

Thanks. I will see if my friend accidentally blocked me, and will try a different sms app. I can text everyone else no problem. I cannot initiate a message to her, and when I reply to her messages, I get an error that says "sending" for a minute or two, and then it says "Not sent. Tap to try again.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

If you can communicate with others with no problem, that suggests the problem may be on your friend's end but not necessarily. You both should try changes to see what happens

Save     Thanked by Bluebell66
kathyg_in_mi

I have an iPhone and can text anyone. But when i try to text people who have Samsung phones with my iPad the texts do NOT go thru! I talked to my sister, the geek, and she tested it out and has the same problem and doesn't know why. Just tried to text my DH on his Tracfone from my iPad, didn't work. But from my iPhone it does go thru!

Of course, DH doesn't know how to text with his flip phone, so no problem.

Save     Thanked by Bluebell66
Elmer J Fudd

What software are you using Kathy to send a text? There are many ways and phone to phone is called an SMS message. I'm not sure an iPad can send an SMS message.

But it can send a FaceTime message to another Apple device or using other software. But, I don't think sms messages

1 Like Save    
We can work from any type of plans, but we can also provide design build services. We also take pride in... Read More
We have earned an unrivaled reputation for crafting the finest glasshouses and greenhouses money can buy through... Read More