SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_wittgenstein

White Board and Batten Dark Cabinets

Amy Wittgenstein
3 years ago

Hey all -

Looking for feedback. My family is weeks away from moving into our new home. We are planning to install a faux fireplace with an electronic insert that we plan to build in our living room (where TV sits in photo). See photo below. Room dimensions are 20' x 15'. My husband is not a huge fan of shelving or cabinets on either side of the fireplace but I feel the space needs something to finish it off. I found some pics of Board and Batten on each side of a fire place with a small ledge to lean photos or place small decor - and it looked fantastic (see third pic below). I was thinking only doing the Board and Batten on the fireplace wall - but I do love the classic polished look of completing a room. Because of the divider between our kitchen and living room - I really think sticking with the one wall is the best option - otherwise I'd almost certainly have to complete the entire main level. Also - our trim is white but the kitchen cabinets are dark - will that look weird to have two different colors? I can't seem to find any pics with kitchens with different color board and batten vs cabinets - they're all the same color!

Comment (1)