Ready for Blue Wave?

palisades_

At least, Wall Street firms are getting ready, but

"”The consensus view is that a Democrat victory in November will be a negative for equities. However, we see this outcome as neutral to slightly positive," said Dubravko Lakos, a top strategist at JPMorgan Chase, in a recent report. “

While the DJA has a meager 0.24 YTD, the NASDAQ is at an impressive 30.08 YTD so that could cushion the perceived negative blue wave impact when it may come crashing in November. Because of the 2016 loss, many Democrats are still very cautiously optimistic about a potential sweep. We shall see.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wall-street-predicting-2020-election-democrat-blue-wave-biden/

SaveComment30Like
Comments (30)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

The market hates uncertainty - and this president is certainly good at creating lots of that!

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Yeah—-that’s Trump and Repubs being flushed down by the blue swoosh.

18 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I think Wall Street will be happy if Dems take the Senate, keep the House and Biden wins. The market likes it when there is stability.

16 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Hasn't quite peaked yet.

Kate

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

21 Likes Save    
kadefol

Goldman Sachs: A Democratic sweep would mean faster economic recovery

President Donald Trump is once again warning voters that Democrats would "shut
our economy and jobs down" if they win in November.

Goldman Sachs is telling its clients the exact opposite.

Just hours after Trump's all-caps Monday morning tweet predicting economic disaster, Goldman economists pointed out that polls
"suggest a 'blue wave' in which Democrats gain unified control of
Washington is becoming more likely" -- and they're not suggesting investors dump stocks.

In fact, "all else equal, such a blue wave would likely prompt
us to upgrade our forecasts," Goldman Sachs chief economist Jan Hatzius
wrote in a Monday
report.

Dem sweep economy boost

4 Likes Save    
blfenton

I don't like all this talk about a blue wave. It will get republicans out to vote and the democrats to stay home in complacency. This is the same narrative as 2016 and need I remind you of the result?

8 Likes Save    
Iris GW

No, this is the narrative of 2018, no one talked about a blue wave in 2016. They didn't think we needed one.

4 Likes Save    
blfenton

No, you're right it wasn't a blue wave but it was a Hillary slam-dunk win, supposedly. And as I said, we all know how that turned out. trump supporters got out and voted.

1 Like Save    
Mimou-GW

7 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

They may be republicans, but they are voting for Biden.

13 Likes Save    
maddie260

Aren’t the Rs all out there in sinking boats? That’s what everyone is saying?

4 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Everyone knows that crats don't know how to get to the polls much less vote in person.

Imagine someone living in California peddling this delusion!

So California Republicans have been electing our GOP-free state government?

1 Like Save    
HU-293745350

The toilet of the GOP isn't clear blue water.

2 Likes Save    
MSRED Byrd(ZONE 8)

VOTE your conscience. We all know the crimes of this administratration!

LET'S SEE A TSUNAMI. Think what another four years of this monster will be like! Do we want long VOTING lines to be our dismay and regret for for four more horrible years?

THE KEY WORD HERE IS VOTE!

4 Likes Save    
palisades_

We seem to have some clairvoyant ability around here, I reckon.

So, I put on my mask and went to vote this afternoon. People did come out to vote early, and I couldn’t tell much who were in the blue or the red in the crowd. The process was easy and quick with mask, social distancing, hand sanitizer provided. I was out in less than 7 min. Will have to wait and see which wave comes true by Nov.

2 Likes Save    
palisades_

This image always comes to mind when I hear “Blue Wave”,

3 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

We seem to have some clairvoyant ability around here, I reckon.

-------------

So right-legged lame. What about the original professed clairvoyant comment to declare the people in line to be of a particular political party? Where is the evidence of that humor republicans keep claiming only they possess?

Save    
Nana H

"So, I put on my mask and went to vote this afternoon"

I was really impressed to hear that there was advanced voting on a Sunday .

4 Likes Save    
ronminsouthga

VOTE your conscience. We all know the crimes of this administratration! Name one crime the Trumps have committed? Can you read and investigate? The Clintons, Obama, IRS, FBI and DoJ. Now we have the Biden's family. You need to read something other than the mainstream media. Where are the post here about Hunter?

1 Like Save    
palisades_

I was really impressed to hear that there was advanced voting on a Sunday .

I was surprised to see many people came out on a Sunday afternoon, but the hours were convenient for many who got out of morning church services.

1 Like Save    
palisades_

I think Wall Street will be happy if Dems take the Senate, keep the House and Biden wins. The market likes it when there is stability.

That would be ideal.

If Biden wins but Senate remains republican majority, then there will be many gridlocks. It would seem a wasted four year period in this scenario, although Biden could use his executive power to influence the SEC to the Dems advantage, based on his appointments. He could also make changes in the Department of Labor as it falls under his executive branch.

Save    
palisades_

So right-legged lame. What about the original professed clairvoyant comment to declare the people in line to be of a particular political party? Where is the evidence of that humor republicans keep claiming only they possess?

Lame? Oh how could that be? The comment preceding yours was given many reasons supporting the author’s conclusion, while your remark was purely ..... clairvoyant, plus with many “likes” to make it more special, so I thought :) But if you so graciously decline that is quite alright ;)

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

ron: The Clintons, Obama, IRS, FBI and DoJ. Now we have the Biden's family. You need to read something other than the mainstream media. Where are the post here about Hunter?

News flash: neither the Clintons, Obama nor Hunter Biden are running for President.... Perhaps you need to start reading the mainstream media.

8 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

palisades, I returned after watching The Way I See It, and the preceding comment has apparently not stood the test of time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ETA: clarifying: preceding an earlier post

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Name one crime the Trumps have committed?

Here we go again:

• obstruction of justice
  • abuse of power
  • extortion
  • fraud
  • lying to the American people
  • tax fraud
  • sexual assault
  • emoluments clauses violations
  • nepotism
  • corruption: his own and many cabinet members
  • Logan Act
  • Campaign finance laws including being an unindicted co-conspirator in a felony and soliciting help from foreign nations for his campaign
  • Impoundment
  • Hatch Act
  • Disregarding the checks and balances in the Constitution by refusing to comply with congressional subpoenas
  • High crime: threats to national security: dealing with russians and being compromised by them; $400 mil in debt to foreign banks as kompromat; handing out security clearances like candy; allowing people to work for a year in the WH without security clearances; use of private unsecured phones and email servers; allowing russia to handle all the security at the US embassy in Moscow; spilling state secrets to the russians

Repeat this list as often as necessary to understand why the democrats are so up in arms about trump. Yes he is that corrupt and that dangerous to the fundamental operation of our democratic republic.

PS...this list is not complete....see Amy Siskind for a more complete list of how trump has undermined our government...I believe her list is up to 34,000 items.

10 Likes Save    
MSRED Byrd(ZONE 8)

He did not recommend wearing a mask..... sadly, so many believed him.... Chisty for one, and a very good friend of mine ...who both got covid!

Save    
Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

studio10001, this news about the threatening emails deserves its own thread.

Save    
palisades_

^^^^ I read in the news today that Iran source did it under the proud boys name.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Product Picks Guest Picks: Jolts From the Blue
Energize your space with cobalt-blue furnishings and decor as bracing as an ocean wave
Full Story
Blue 9 Beautiful Blues for Bathrooms
From soft sky to bold tropical aqua, see why this hue is making waves in bathrooms
Full Story
Decorating Guides It’s Meant to Be: 10 Ways With Blue and White
Bring the energy and cheer of this classic duo to rooms with a splash of accessories or an all-out color wave
Full Story