SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_94297263657

please suggest cabinet paint color and backsplash

GB
3 years ago

Hey guys , attached pics of my kitchen and the granite which we selected . One pic is of the actual slab and then a Facebook photo from seller for the same granite

We are getting our cabinets painted , please suggest some colors ( preferably Sherwin Williams ) which would go with the granite and flooring . I can change the background wall color too. We are looking for a brighter and more contemporary look than what we have currently

My kitchen is North facing and as you can see the island ( with sink ) is facing towards the living room and there are no windows in the kitchen ( in the left we have a dining nook which has large windows . Kitchen has “V” shaped high ceiling , lighting is pretty good and dimmable )

We have tried sw amazing gray ( felt too dark without lights in daylight ), sw agreeable gray ( better but not sure if I like the greige anymore ), also tried sw gray screen which has a cooler tone ( we liked this most amongst the 3 samples we tried ).

Have attached a inspiration pic of sw gray screen with golden pulls but have doubt how it would look with our granite.

We are not into dual color so would like the same color for both base and wall. Open to a different color for the island ( it’s 70inx38in ) facing outside from where I took the photo

We are hunting for backsplashes too and would like to go for something simple as the countertop has lot of drama

Thank you !

PS - description of granite below from Bluzonite is a creamy white granite with areas of taupe and grey veining throughout. There will be feldspar crystals in light blue tones dispersed randomly throughout the slabs as well as black biotite crystals scattered throughout. During the polishing process, an epoxy resin is applied to the surface of the stone to fill in any natural pits, cracks or fissures that may exist. This does not affect the durability, maintenance or beauty of the stone. It is possible for some of the more minute pits that are too small to effectively hold the resin, to reopen during other finishing stages. However, this will not detract from the overall quality or appearance of the stone. Due to the qualities of the stone, the slabs are book-matched; meaning slab one and slab two will be cut and polished to create a mirror image of each other. These are then kept in sequence, which allows for a consistent flow in pattern. Finally, a mesh backing is adhered to the back of the stone to ensure safety while handling and fabricating the slab. As a natural stone product, it is recommended that it be sealed to extend its longevity.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!