SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_87768017

Finding a kitchen countertop

Alexis Pregeant
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello everyone!

I’m currently in the process of completely renovating an 80s but slightly mid century looking home. It’s a very large project and the choices are getting a bit overwhelming. Currently, we’ve got our flooring, backsplash, and colors down but I’m stuck on the countertop.

I think it’s safe to say that our design style is very eccentric. Lots of colors and patterns and I’m leaning into the 80s features of the home. I’ve posted some pictures below of our selections. The rusty/cream floral tile is our kitchen tile, the small wood sample is what our flat paneled cabinets will be, the greenish/creamy tile is our backsplash, the olive green is the wall color, and the photo on the phone is of the acacia wood flooring going one room over.

For countertops, we’re looking for something creamy white with warm veins in it. Very subtle veining, preferably. The second two pictures are our samples next to Silestone Calcutta Gold and Ariel, respectively.

I was really leaning toward Calcutta gold but I read a great, long thread on here that it’s actually very white and the veining is much more gray than brown.

I’m interested in Silestone but I’ll really take any recommendations, because the tones and subtly that we’re looking for are proving difficult to find.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or pictures!!

Comments (16)