that bobbleheaded chick

Ninapearl(2aIL)
SaveComment47Like
Comments (47)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paprikash

I’m sure there are many chicks and roosters who agree and have voted and will vote for our President. Nodding her head in agreement showed she was in agreement —- what a shocker!

6 Likes Save    
adoptedbyhounds

Yep. It's the American way.

We can disagree without being disagreeable.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

For those who won't click the link:

The Miami Herald identifies the spectator as Mayra Joli, an immigration attorney and pro-Trump activist who once ran for Congress.

1 Like Save    
justerrilynn(10)

I’m worried for this woman’s safety. There is apparently some crazy liberals doxxing her on Twitter and some are making threatening comments.

Save    
Iris GW

How can they dox her on Twitter if people already know who she is? Can you be more specific?

1 Like Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Giving addresses and more. There are YouTube vids showing twitter comments as well. I hope she stays safe. There is one guy, with the last name of Nichols that seems dangerous.

Save    
leona_2008

No worries. Q Anon won't harm her. They like trump bobbleheads.

6 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Well, it's not like she isn't a known person (having run for Congress and all). I don't agree with people doing that but the info surely isn't hard to find.

1 Like Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Running for Congress is one thing but being a black female Trump supporter is too much for these haters.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

You want to talk about haters? How about the Vanilla ISIS guys who planned to kidnap a governor? Pretty serious stuff there ...

9 Likes Save    
elvis

The OP is labeling Ms. Joli a "Bobblehead Chick". Wow.

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Iris, I agree with you that the kidnapping effort was bad and scary.

Edited: Elvis, Ms. Joli is beautiful and highly educated. Her crime I guess is that as a Black woman she has the audacity to support Trump. How dare her have a mind of her own. Doesn’t she realize she is a victim and must be protected by democrats? The nerve!

3 Likes Save    
olliesmom

The Dems cannot stand a black Trump supporter! The horror!

4 Likes Save    
justerrilynn(10)

A large percentage of democrats like no one who doesn’t think the exact same way. It’s amazing how closed minded they are. This is not the Democratic Party of yesteryear.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

The only point of the nickname 'bobblehead' was that it was what people kept seeing. She kept nodding and nodding. It is no dis on her education.

A large percentage of democrats like no one who doesn’t think the exact same way. It’s amazing how closed minded they are.

I know hundreds of democrats. They are not like that.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Earlier I was going to say “It’s just a matter of time before race gets brought up.” Conservatives really don’t do Race Card well.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I read those comments and race wasnt a factor. If Ms bobblehead wants to dito an idiot she is free to do so and I am free to question her sanity. That my friends is democracy. Democracy is strangely enough something you can have too much of according to some conservative Trump supporters. Not my point of view.

6 Likes Save    
elvis

Conservatives really don’t do Race Card well.

That's what happens when one doesn't practice.

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

I just assumed she was a paid plant.

4 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)(8a)

I didn’t even realize she was Black until someone here pointed it out, probably.

lol

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

The Dems cannot stand a black Trump supporter!

Race really does not matter; I cannot stand anyone who would support trump.

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Just another Cultist desperate for attention.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

You conservatives are working the race angle pretty hard. Why? what does her color have to do with nodding in agreement with stupid stuff?

6 Likes Save    
elvis

Uh-oh. Insinuating that she's stupid. Hoo boy.

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

Not doing the Twisting of Words too well tonight, either!

6 Likes Save    
elvis

Again, need practice!

2 Likes Save    
Rina

How absurd this argument is, when, from what I've seen, the only reason she attracted any attention is that she nodded incessantly. Hence bobblehead. Way back when, President Obama gave an address in South Africa and there was one young man in the audience who was non-stop making it obvious that he was wowed almost beyond his capacity to bear it. As I remember, he became internationally known as "blue tie guy". Nobody suggested he was getting attention because he was ethnically Indian -- again, as I remember.

Remember that it's never an accident who gets placed behind Trump (or most other politicians) when they are televised in this way. She probably just took her duty to show support a bit too seriously, which either irritated or amused people. That was the issue, not that she showed support while black.

ETA: It is never acceptible to publish an individual's address or contact details online to cause them mischief. Never, ever.

4 Likes Save    
Gizmo

tapla(mid-Michigan z-5b-6a)

Who allowed her off the democrat(sic) plantation w/o papers and her orders?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmm, use of the word plantation... is that because she's Black?

2 Likes Save    
OsoBlanco

How absurd that her actual identity plays into any of this. Any sentient being knows she was there because she was selected to be there. The 'stupid to the point of being laughable' aspect was the incessant nodding, which one does when wanting to draw attention to oneself and one's "learned agreement." It's annoying when bobbleheads go off in corporate meetings, in lecture halls, and in church pews. Get ahold of yourself. You can agree internally without looking like you're having some sort of seizure.

5 Likes Save    
palisades_

I wonder why people don’t embrace the differences of expressing agreement, whether someone agrees silently or expresses outward.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Notice who introduces race and 'plantation' into the discussion.

3 Likes Save    
Ninapearl(2aIL)

How absurd that her actual identity plays into any of this. Any sentient being knows she was there because she was selected to be there. The 'stupid to the point of being laughable' aspect was the incessant nodding, which one does when wanting to draw attention to oneself and one's "learned agreement." It's annoying when bobbleheads go off in corporate meetings, in lecture halls, and in church pews. Get ahold of yourself. You can agree internally without looking like you're having some sort of seizure.

this ^^^ !!!!

it was never my intention to draw race into this. i could not have cared less about her ethnicity. she was simply so annoying as to draw attention away from the point of the whole purpose of the broadcast. if that was the intention, it worked for me.

Save    
OsoBlanco

Because, palisades, some things are simply distracting and inappropriate to certain venues. Would you belt out a "hallelujah" in the boardroom? Let out a rousing team chant in the synagogue? Sit directly behind a speaker and purposely move your body repeatedly in such a way as to create a distraction? Well, maybe you would. But I submit that most people try to temper their physical responses with the decorum generally attributed to the event.

3 Likes Save    
palisades_

But I submit that most people try to temper their physical responses with the decorum generally attributed to the event.

Of course, there are always few outliners in board meetings, religious and political events who would rather be themselves. There is nothing distracting or inappropriate about her expressing her agreement during the event. But because she is a Trump supporter, the terms bobbleheaded chick, distracting, and inappropriate are appropriate.

1 Like Save    
salonva

I don't comment here often ( like hardly ever) but this title really caught my attention.

Really? Chick?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

IdaClaire

Because, palisades, some things are simply distracting and inappropriate to certain venues. Would you belt out a "hallelujah" in the boardroom? Let out a rousing team chant in the synagogue? Sit directly behind a speaker and purposelymove your body repeatedly in such a way as to create a distraction?

You mean like Pelosi?

An impulsive, rude, demented granny isn’t a good look for any senior lady...

...Nancy celebrated this theme by churlishly ripping up Trump’s highly successful speech in a theatrical flourish while standing behind his chair. Given her antics during last year’s SOTU speech, which featured strange mouth movement, hand gestures to the crowd, antic mugging, inane faces, and even mouthing words, this was vintage Pelosi.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kellyoconnell/2020/02/05/trumps-magic-sotu-speech-highlighted-by-punchdrunk-pelosi-n2560844

3 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Hey! Trump supporters are enthusiastic! Can't blame her one bit, under the circumstances. There is an election going on!

2 Likes Save    
Rina

From this example, I would also suggest Trump supporters are incredibly banal. Reminds me of that young man who was removed from a seat behind Trump at a rally because he was sending them up rotten. He was creative and funny, Pelosi was ironic and also funny (and Trump wasn't in shot when she ripped up his not so succcessful speech). This lady was ... what is that?

(edited typo)

Save    
chisue

Amazing that any Black person would support a lifelong racist. Takes all kinds, huh?

1 Like Save    
tapla(mid-Michigan z-5b-6a)

Yes - just amazing someone would fail to recognize the siren's call and overwhelming allure of The Party of Marx. A real love fest, that. What could those 'walk-away' black folk possibly be thinking? Oh well, they must be racists all.

Al

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Still need to look up Marxism.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

highly educated

Undergrad school almost breaks the top 6000 worldwide, graduate just makes the top 5000. But I guess it’s not where you go, it’s what you make of it.

Save    
OsoBlanco

Hmmm. I didn't know this thread was about Nancy Pelosi. (Always a deflection. Always.)

2 Likes Save    
elvis

I thought the thread was about bobbleheaded chicks, and Pelosi qualifies in spades.

But to be fair, Pelosi's head bobbles regardless, so.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Always a deflection.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Curious only about how she ended up in that location. Maybe the seat was simply available as most wanted to watch his facial expressions and she knew, being a politician, how that spot could be very effective.

Save    
Rina

I'm pretty sure she would have been allocated that seat by someone who had given the matter due consideration.

Save