SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pearline_mannikam59

Awkward living room with off centre fireplace

Pearline Mannikam
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi. Looking for some advice please.I can't add the pictures here. I can add it in comments - sorry about that.My family room feels dark and uncomfortable and cluttered.I kind of just gave up and now it looks horrible to me.The fireplace is awkwardly placed off centre. The living room is part of an L shape which leads into the kitchen.There is a door from the garage into the living room which means that whole left "pathway" from that door through the living room to the kitchen can't really be used as part of the living room... I think..?How can I best arrange my furniture and work with what I have?I can purchase a few accessory/ small furniture items but don't have a large budget at the moment.We're a family of 4 and I have a separate formal lounge. So this should be comfortable but chic. We watch a lot of TV together and play boardgames in here.I'm in South Africa so the fireplace only gets used about 2 months a year. I have a few other pieces of single seating I could bring in or swop. Please help... thank you!!!

Comments (9)