SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy_ho9324885

Help! How to improve tacky Tudor style exterior for side split home?

Cathy HN
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My partner and I are in the process of buying a new home, and there is one that has caught our eye. However, we just have no idea what to do about the exterior. The front exterior is a stone veneer, but the rest of the sides remain red brick.

In my opinion, they should have left the red brick and stained it to get varied shades of lighter and darker red brick. My idea is to replace the stone back to red brick with varied shades. I feel the Tudor style falls flat because of how low the pitch is on the porch roof and the overall roof of the house. The windows are newer so ideally we would not change those, and I believe the roof was done in 2008 and has at least another 10 years before being replaced.

We are not attached to the color scheme, the shape of the front porch and the garage doors and front door needs replacing.

Does anyone have any ideas? I just feel the overall colour scheme is very blah. I am having a hard time finding similar shaped homes with exterior makeover ideas so any help is appreciated!

Comments (6)