SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_31300928

SW Agreeable Gray vs. BM Edgecomb Gray?

Jackie Beering
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm repainting the interior of my ranch home, and while it's not exactly open concept, the rooms do flow pretty easily into each other. I'd like to do one color throughout most of the main floor. I have to work with existing fixtures - white trim (no idea what shade it is, it's a ceramic finish by Graham paints that was popular when the house was built mid 2000's), natural Alder cabinets, black granite, matte tumbled marble backsplash that the color is best described as oatmeal-ish, travertine taupe-ish ceramic flooring in the kitchen/dining area, and natural hickory hardwood in the foyer and office. Have I bored you yet with the details? Anyway, Agreeable Gray and Edgecomb Gray keep floating to the top as my favorite picks. I should mention the exposure for most of the space is northwest. I've got a lot of big windows, but have a heavily tree'd yard, so the natural lighting in my home is not great. Oh, and I'm putting in new carpet when I'm done with the painting, so the existing carpet isn't a factor.

I love both colors - the Agreeable Gray definitely reads gray in my house, while Edgecomb Gray can be beige-y or gray, depending on the time of day/lighting. Anyone who has used either of these colors - can you tell me what you love/hate/wished you had done different?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz