SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christina_kaler

Small Bathroom sub floor demo / update

Christina Kaler
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are updating a small bathroom ( 36 sf i think ) the ac unit next to it leaked and rotted the entire sub floor ( think bouncing on the threshold like a trampoline) . We have it totally gutted, two walls stripped to insulation and are working on the floor as I type this. We will also be fixing half the hallway and the actual ac compartment floors. I'm looking for some design ideas- I will attempt to post a before photo and tell you what I do not like. This is our main bathroom for our children who are a currently 5 year old girl and 7 year old boy.

The built in cabinet/closet is just annoying to open up and access. it's super deep and the doors hit the light fixture.

The lighting is in the way.

The mirror is damaged and has been removed...I have a 3x4 unframed mirror that we could easily frame or i could have the big one cut and frame it ( i think?) .

I hate the color of the tub- I would much prefer a white one but it's not in the budget.

We are going with the Vinyl plank flooring. if it doesn't wear well ( which I think it will be fine) it's only 35 sf so it will only cost about 140$ to do so if it has to be redone later im okay with that.

Budget has building/buying a vanity and sink.

Comments (2)