SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alvan1

Wood Warp Question-Help!!

alvan1
3 years ago

We had water intrusion after a hurricane (Sally-3 days of straight, rain and high wind) which caused our kitchen floor to warp. We had Hydroscout come out and say they needed to see a "cause and effect" to diagnose (more after pic)

but were struggling to find something b/c they thought it must be a leaking appliance since it is next to the dishwasher and refridgerator. But no leak was found with the appliances so it was deemed it was the windows leaking under the cabinets and onto the floor. I can see that as they did put lots of water pressure on these same windows and did show some water come in on the window sill. BUT, my worry is that it is a crack in the concrete slab because it is taking so long to dry. The readings vary from place to place-24% the highest and goes doen to 3%-all within the very warper wood. 3 weeks have gone by and we've used a dehumidifier in the area. Should it be drier than a pin moisture reading of 24% by now? Does this mean there is still water coming from somewhere or is it possible that it is just still this wet/takes this long to dry? Could it just be puddled in that one spot? Could the professional reader they used be showing a lower reading than mine? (the highest they read was 15%)

Comments (2)