SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_881892486

Help my home has been taken over by nearly invisible jumping bugs!

Ann Collette
3 years ago

I was living at a shared home with my inlaws and had the finished basement we had been taken over by springtails while there. It was so bad I just moved to my own apartment and now I have a new infestation! They are the size of a spec or even smaller! They jump, are black in color or shiny like a sparkle. We must have millions! They infested every inch of my apt and even my hair and my children's hair! They are all over us in our clothing, bedding, beds, dressers, every inch the counters and walls! Whats worse is my husband doesn't see them and he thinks I'm crazy and just stressed out because I'm a stay at home mom to a 4month old and 18 month old. But I see them plain as day I get why he doesn't they are so hard to miss they are almost microscopic! They itch me all day and night but are even more active at night. They jump in mine and my children eyes,noses,mouths! Do these sound like springtails? We had actual seeable ones at the old place.. are these hatchlings? Or a different kind? Please help I haven't slept they keep me up all night and my poor baby's want me to hold them all day for comfort becaue they are attacked all day! I don't know how to deal with this and I'm very depressed, can't eat, I feel sick all the time. I mean how can I be ok as a momma when I can't protect my babies? Just changing their diapers the moisture from the wipes makes the bugs jump out of my hair onto my children! I feel so hopeless!! This is a cry for help from someone anyone! I know I'm a stranger but I'm taking a shot in the dark anyway I can for my babies, mental health, quality of life! This has even taken a toll on my marriage since my husband doesn't believe me. I have a theory why they don't nest on him.. he works as a power pressure washer on homes and he deals with chemicals all day spraying on him..even after a shower I still smell the clorox on him. He also is away all day almost every day where as my kids and I are home all day because of the corona virus. Sorry for the rant I'm desperate to help my babies and save my marriage! What are these? How do I get rid of them? I live in Massachusetts can anyone come help my family? I tried an exterminator but honestly I think he took me for my money he was there 5 mins tops and just did a few quick sprays. This would have never happend to us had he took this seriously! I simply can't really afford to pay for another 1 with the whole move and upsizing I needed everything!, w)hen moving from a finished basement to a 3 bedroom.. well I pray to God someone reaches out and pray for all who are dealing with a disaster like this and to give you the strength to get through it!!! May your higher power bless you 🥰

Comments (7)