SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjoyful7

suggestions welcome!

Jj J
3 years ago

The photos below show my problem area- primarily the view of a neighbor’s orange house. Our property sits above theirs, such that our main level deck is approximately roof height to their house. Our yard is shallow and wide (spans that neighbor’s yard and one to the right). When the deciduous trees on their side of the fence lose their leaves, this is what we see. That photo was taken when I was just starting plant mania in our yard. I have been working hard to develop an interesting landscape in our yard (as seen in the other pics) but we haven’t lived here long enough for the trees to get very tall. Additionally, we have a “very involved” HOA that limits tree height to 35’ in order to preserve views of Mt Rainier (which from our vantage point is over the right back corner of our property).

1. What do you suggest for tall-but not too tall, narrow, evergreens ( not more arborvitae)?
  2. Backyard neighbor to the right replaced the fence and now we have weathered gray on 2/3 of the yard and the orange new fence on the right (yay, more orange!). What color would you suggest if I were to stain our side of the fence to make it more uniform?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Comments (10)