SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nina_christina70

Help picking paint color for 1925 Florida bungalow.

Christina Kincaid
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The reno of my Tampa house is starting in two weeks and I still haven’t picked a paint color. I really dislike the Desert Tan roof shingles, but the roof is new so I have to work around it.

My contractor uses Benjamin Moore so unfortunately no SW colors. The 3 neighboring houses are BM Britannia Blue, BM Mountain Moss, and a unspecified purple based navy. I don’t want to step on any toes by copying the neighboring homes.

The reno includes rebuilding the carport columns back to their original shapes, new lattice, new window glazing, replacing any rotted siding and trim, and paint. A few years from now I plan on reopening up the porch and restoring it back to it’s original charm. It’s a bummer, but the front porch isn’t in the budget this time around.

For paint I have been considering BM Great Barrington Green, or BM High Park, but I am open to any suggestions.

Is Great Barrington Green a mistake? What colors would look nice with this orange brown roof of mine?

Any and all advice is very welcome! I am horrible with colors so specific color recommendations would be much appreciated. I do have the Benjamin Moore fan decks. Thanks!

*edited to add, For some reason, most people around here with a Desert Tan roof paint their house peach but I’m not feeling that at all. No way, no how. 😆

BM Great Barrington Green on top, middle is BM Rosepine, bottom is BM High Park.

Comments (46)