SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kierstin_guenther

Opinions wanted on siding options!

Hi, we are going to be redoing the front siding on our house as there is rot, focusing on the main area and will have the garage match in time. We did get some quotes from siding companies to do the whole house but we're going to dig in and do it ourselves!

We'd love to get some opinions on siding choices, here are our current options:

• Do 12" horizontal siding and line up with the visible horizontal siding that you can see in the picture. The hidden side of the house has misaligned siding from the rest of the house so we'd eventually replace it to match up.
  • Main body of house in shake, peak in board and batten
  • Main body of house in board and batten, peak in shake
  • Color suggestions! Darker green for main body and sage green for peak? or Sage green for main body and beige for peak? Soffit and fascia are a cream/off-white color.

We are also looking at replacing the the brick with stone eventually and bringing it over to the front of the garage.

I'd love to hear your combinations and opinions and I'm open to different colors as well as we are planning on painting the house to match what we do in the front. Also open to any suggestions regarding siding brands and tips and tricks in siding a house! We have been watching lots of YouTube videos.

Thanks in advance and I'll keep you updated on the project!

Comments (8)