SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
murlokotam

Amazing Gray vs Mindful Gray for kitchen Cabinets

Manana
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all!

I'm painting my kitchen (myself) and I'm completely, utterly stuck needing to make a decision between SW Amazing Gray (warmer gray) and SW Mindful Gray (cooler gray) for the pantry. I painted my "test cabinet" Mindful Gray. And then I started having doubts and painted a single door from the pantry Amazing Gray just to compare, and now I'm stuck.

☞ There's already beige on the house exterior and on the patio (patio floor and rails, which is visible from the spot the picture was taken). There also warm wood tones in walnut and caramel-toned furniture, entry door, open beams on the ceiling. Amazing gray seems to pair with the floors better. All this supports the argument in favor of Amazing Gray. However, I worry that if I go with Amazing Gray for the entire pantry, the space will turn too brown and I will end up with "just visiting my grandma" vibe.

☞ On the other hand, I'm going for modern midcentury feel in my home, and I think cooler tones say "modern" better. It also pairs better with stainless steel appliances (the fridge is built into the pantry).

The rest of the kitchen is going to be muted dark green, like SW Basil, or perhaps something slightly greener.

Any thoughts? Which Gray would you recommend I go with, and why? I'd appreciate any input that helps me get unstuck and move forward with painting. Thank you 🙌

1. Test cabinet in "Mindful Gray"

2. Test door in Amazing Gray

4. Context (pardon the mess, I'm amidst of a project)

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor