SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

Source for upholstered counter stools?

girl_wonder
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a cost-effective source for good quality upholstered counter stools? I’m looking for simple parson-style stools, full-back, a solid dark blue upholstery with wood legs.

I just received a pair of Parson stools I had ordered from Target. In the reviews, people thought the quality was great. I find the seat to be comfortable and the fabric isn’t bad but the wood of the legs doesn’t look great and the pre-drilled holes and screws weren’t in the exact right spot. Overall, I’m feeling “meh” about these barstools. These were on sale for about $215 each. The manufacturer is Skyline Furniture. It’s the one pictured above. I ordered Navy Linen. (the legs don’t looks ilke this to me. It’s more greyish and not as nice).

https://www.target.com/p/parsons-counter-height-bar-stool-sterling-charcoal-threshold-8482/-/A-51926217

FWIW, I recently bought cute bentwood bistro chairs from Wayfair. Again, reviewers were falling all over themselves saying how great the quality was. I thought there were ok-to-good (a few small flaws). They were manufactured by Modway but sold under a different brand.

Maybe I’m too picky or maybe I’m being too cheap for my pickiness ;)

I had seen some nice ones at Crate and Barrel last week but to get a solid blue color I have to go custom which means $550++tax+delivery. Seems steep. PB has some. I haven’t seen in person but in my experience, it feels like their items at a bit overpriced for the quality. (maybe I need to wait for a big sale? )

Any thoughts? I thought this would be pretty straightforward. Guess nothing is these days, lol. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (14)