SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mqcola

Need Help New Home Floor Plan

mqcola
3 years ago

We are building a new home (41’W x 54.4 ‘L), a bungalow for our retirement, and I need some help designing the floor plan. I hand drew what I was thinking and would love to hear your comments and suggestions. I will change the floor plan to increase the length of the garage in 1 ft. So the garage will be 20 or 19 ft. W x 21 ft. long.

My questions:

1. Is the foyer wide enough to have a sitting (bench) for removing shoes, plus a small sideboard table with mirror? We would like to have a double door as entrance.

2. The plan shows a garage of 20 ft wide, which I could reduce 1 ft to gain in the main entrance if necessary

3. Would the linen on the entrance and closet for the Den on the correct position?

4. The 2nd bathroom, would be OK to install a wall dividing the shower from the rest to make it look more as a power room? ( No bathtub on this bathroom)

5. Need help with the kitchen layout, would like to have a pantry (prefer on the corner).

6. Master Suite:: What a challenge…. Need help with the bathroom & closet layout. I will be using PAX (Ikea) system (22 7/8” width). The shower will be accessible ( same level as the floor) and the tub a free stand. The closet doesn't need to be how I drew it as I think the bathroom layout will not work with this closet position.

7. I didn’t consider wall thickness, would those measurements be considered good or you suggest increasing any of them ( I am constrained on a 41 ft wide x max of 56 ft. long)

8. What would you suggest, if necessary, something to separate the dining room from the living room (I saw a double sided fireplace but I am thinking it may constrain the area). Would like to “hide” a little bit the master suite door and off course remove the total open concept feeling

Thank you all for taking the time to help us to build our retirement dream home.

Comments (11)