SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cetb_gw

white veins or cracks on marble tile?

cetb
3 years ago

Hello. I am currently renovating our master bathroom on a recently purchased two story home. I am by no means an expert but just a DIYer who’s done a few, albeit, small tiling jobs before. I’m currently installing 12x24 “rectified” marble tiles (white provincial) from F&D. They are installed the following way:

24” O.C. Engineered TJI trusses running parallel the long side of the tile, 3/4 osb topped with 3/8 plywood offset the direction the osb was laid and attached with screws. (As per Schluter manual) Schluter all set thinset then Schluter Ditra then unmodified kerabond T.

I was so concerned with getting a good pattern with the different veins and shades that by the time I realize some of the tiles have this vein that seems like a crack... the tiles had set. They have been in for 48hrs and seem to have set. I used a 1/16th grout lines with a leveling system which once said and done will prob end up being 1/8.
Bc I’m doing all the work myself and there is no hurry I’m doing it in stages. I had previously completed the separate room where the toilet is using the same materials about six months prior, but the tiles have more gray and veins to it and have not seen this...I figured I start with a small area and wait to see if the deflection would hold. Which seems it has. Should I be concerned of possible cracking?

Comments (6)