SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily_nichols8300817

Anyone Install Coretec Grande Goldin Oak

Emily Nichols
3 years ago

I'm in the process of choosing a Coretec LVP and I have narrowed it down to the Grande Goldin Oak. I feel really excited about the look of it but I am not seeing any real life pictures of it installed in any homes. The computer generated rooms don't look normal and their sample rooms make it look darker and redder than it actually is. Has anyone installed it? Of so, can you please share pictures? And does anyone have any thoughts on, or experience with, the Grande floorings from Coretec? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (273)

• Austin Treanicky
    last year

Def photos darker than in person and looks different dependant on cabinet and paint colors. I say if the sample looks like what you want in your home, go for it.

• Related Discussions

Anyone installed Coretec Grande Petronas or Grande Lotte, Pictures?

Q

Comments (220)
    Thank you to everyone who posted pictures of their projects! We've looked at sooooo many different samples of SPC, WPC, Laminate flooring and the more you look, the more confused you get. We have FINALLY decided we like the Coretec Petronas Oak best of all and I loved being able to see what the floor will look like (and not just a sample board!). For those that have had this floor installed now for a while ... are you still happy with your choice? How hard is it to keep clean, is is slippery to walk on (the sample feels like it has some kind of coating on top that handles some of the slip hazards), and most importantly, how has it held up to scratches and spills? Thanks so much for all of your input!!!
    ...See More

Has anyone installed Core-tec plus premium or Grande series

Q

Comments (0)
    Looking to install LVP in entire first floor. Trying to decide color, however they are from different lines. If anyone has installed and could share pics/ reviews, I’d really appreciate it! Have read other discussions on the Coe tec flooring and everyone has been so helpful. Has anyone installed the Coretta oak? Thanks!
    ...See More

Hallmark Camarilla Oak/Coretec Grande Lotte Oak/Provenza Road Trip LVP

Q

Comments (4)
    We stressed for weeks between Coretec Grande Lotte vs. Provenza Road Trip. We ultimately chose Provenza Road Trip for several reasons: 1) Coretec Grande line comes with planks that are just a little over 2ft long and we really disliked the look of these planks 2) Road Trip has more of a consistent color which we liked better 3) Road Trip is cheaper. Our install will likely happen in November and I can post photos. Good luck with your decision!
    ...See More

CoreTec Grande Goldin Oak

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi! im deciding between Grande Goldin Oak or Great Oregon Oak in Water Oak for our new build and would love to see recent photos of anyone whos installed this color! I am really leaning towards the Goldin Oak. Our home will have white walls and black hardware. I really want it to look warm, but not yellow, not orange or too grey. Also do you feel like it has too many knots or do they look good once its all laid down. Would love to see any photos and hear any feedback!
    ...See More
  • Colleen
    last year

@Todd Bowser Thank you for your thoughts and pictures! That is so helpful. I'm glad they read similarly neutral to you. We have a large sample from a flooring store - two of the boards are a similar tone, and one has a lighter portion along the side. Which is why I asked about it coming off as streaky. I love the tonal differences but want that to look natural! We really like how it reads in our house, so I think it's the winner! But I would love to see all the photos you have! It's so helpful to see it over a large area and in different lightings. Thank you again so much for your help!!

• Colleen
    last year

@Austin Treanicky Thank you for sharing that photo! Very helpful. Would you say the color variation looks as obvious in person as it sometimes looks in photos?

• Austin Treanicky
    last year

All of it photographs slightly darker so I’d say yes; a little bit. Here are a few more in dofferent light.

• Todd Bowser
    last year

@Colleen my pleasure! =) This forum helped me so much when I was in your shoes 6 months ago! Austin's pics are very true to what the flooring looks like. I think this flooring looks very natural and high end. It costs a lot more than most of the flooring that I looked at but nothing else compares to how real this looks. The finish isn't shiny or plastic looking like many LVP flooring. I will mention the installers had a difficult time. They ended up having to go back and fix several areas, but my project manager said they had never installed such thick flooring before. I will take more pics when I go to the house tonight (we haven't moved in yet).

• Todd Bowser
    last year

@Colleen A few more pics I took this evening. The darker planks aren’t as dark in person.

• christiemcc
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

@Todd Bowser This is beautiful!!! Every bit of your home is gorgeous! What paint color did you use on the walls? I really do love it all!

• Todd Bowser
    11 months ago

@christiemcc thank you so much!!! All over paint color is Sherwin Williams Oyster White. Trim is Alabaster and my kitchen cabinets are Sensible Hue. They were all coordinating colors on the Color ID Nurturer palette. I really like Oyster White as it’s the perfect light greige that never looks gray and has a nice creaminess to it.

• Bill & Lynne
    11 months ago

Todd, it looks like the beveled edges on your golden oak aren’t as pronounced as they are with the Petronas Oak, is that the case? We liked everything about the Petronas Oak except the painted bevels.

• christiemcc
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

@Todd Bowser Thank you for the info!!! This is incredibly helpful!

• L Smith
    8 months ago
    last modified: 8 months ago

@Austin Treanicky and @Todd Bowser What stain colors did you choose to match with the Goldin Oak? Austin your stair case looks beautiful, those are real oak treads though right?

• Todd Bowser
    8 months ago

@L Smith it is called storm maple on rustic hickory which is a dark brown with grayish undertones. I recommend a stain that is a neutral brown that doesn’t have strong undertones bc the flooring is neutral tan/brown. A walnut stain would work well.

• Linda Dunkelberger
    8 months ago

@Todd Bowser .Thank you for all the photos! Absolutely beautiful and so helpful! The Lotte Oak is on a long back order and I am leaning toward Goldin now (even though that may take awaile too). Question: I am just about to choose that same island light, are you happy with them and the size? Thank you!

• Linda Dunkelberger
    8 months ago

Hey all, this is such a great thread even though some are over a year old. This line increased in price for sure. $10+ a square foot. One question, do you install around kitchen cabinets? Around or under the kitchen island? TIA

• Heather P
    8 months ago

We didn't go under our kitchen cabinets, but our cabinet installer shimmed our cabinets to the height of the floor so that we wouldn't have to use quarter round. We didn't do under our island either since it's trimmed out. I bought my Goldin oak from efloors in Dec 2021 and paid $5.75 a sq foot. The local stores wanted almost $10.00 a sq foot at that time too.

• Linda Dunkelberger
    8 months ago

Thank you Heather. That's what i though. Just wanted to confirm.

• Todd Bowser
    8 months ago

Thanks Linda. Yes, no complaints and good brand. My island is 8x3 for reference. Lotte Oak was one of my favs, but it came down to Goldin matching my other finishes better. I love this flooring so much. It has a nice matte look, looks expensive and does not scratch like my other floors did. Our cabinets and island sit on top of flooring because that’s how our builder does it although I don’t think you’re supposed to install floating floors that way. So far, no problems.

• Kari
    8 months ago

After looking at tons of samples I finally chose Goldin Oak and found out last week it won't be available until Oct-Nov! Was told this was the case with the entire Grande line. Todd, your pictures sealed the deal. It's just beautiful and I have Sensible Hue on cabinets in one of my bathrooms also. Anyone have any suggestions as to what other Coretec flooring would be close to the Goldin Oak?

• Todd Bowser
    8 months ago

@kari that’s a bummer! I recommend Ravenswood Oak for the closet match. It is a bit lighter and reminds me a little of Lotte Oak but has similar undertones to Goldin Oak. Madrid Oak is somewhat close in color but it has pink undertones which I wasn’t a fan of.

• Brittaney Fritsch
    8 months ago

@kari im in the same boat!!! i found blonde oak and parchment oak were super close to goldin oak based on recommendation. however they dodnt work with my lighting. i ultimately purchased cerith oak and am praying i dont hate it 😅. they might work for you though!

• Kari
    8 months ago

@brittaney Ok Thank you! Is cerith oak a coretec floor and the other two you mentioned also?

• Kari
    8 months ago

@Todd Bowser Thanks! I'll give them a look!

• Brittaney Fritsch
    8 months ago

@kari yes all coretecs soft step line. i feel like the reviews for this line were all positive compared to some of coretecs other ones. cerith oak is alot darker than the others but i just liked it best in my space. you can catch alot of blonde oak on fb lvp forums, super pretty in pictures. and pics of parchment oak on coretecs ig.

• Brittaney Fritsch
    8 months ago

@kari Blonde oak on left, parchment oak right, cerith on botttom and goldin oak in middle. hope this helps

• Todd Bowser
    8 months ago

@kari here is Madrid next to Goldin

• Todd Bowser
    8 months ago

@kari and here is Goldin on the left and Ravenswood on the right. After seeing Brittaney's photo of Parchment Oak and looking at it on the Coretec site, that looks pretty similar to Goldin as far as I can tell.

• Kari
    7 months ago

Thanks todd and brittaney. These help! Waiting for our local store to get a sample of Ravenswood. I think it might be the closest to the goldin oak.

• Stephanie Potts
    5 months ago

Everyone that had any of the grande line of coretec installed in their home…..afterwards did all your doors need the length trimmed on them at all? I believe we currently have a 10mm laminate flooring and I really want a grande goldin oak but with how thick it is I’m wandering if all our doors would need to be removed and trimmed on the bottom to be able to open and close?! Anyone have this issues at all?

• Danielle McGrew
    5 months ago

Thank you for all the pics and info. Great thread.

• Autumn Johnson
    4 months ago

@Heather P did you have any issues ordering from efloors? Their price seems too good to be true so I wonder is there is a catch?

• Heather P
    4 months ago

@Autumn Johnson I didn't have any issues ordering from Efloors. In my research, I found Efloors is so much cheaper because they buy in bulk from Shaw. I had a few boxes that were damaged during shipping and Efloors quickly replaced them. Just be aware that the floors are delivered "curbside". It depends on the delivery driver if they will bring it down your driveway.

• Autumn Johnson
    4 months ago

Thank you! I appreciate your response🙂

• Autumn Johnson
    3 months ago

@Todd Bowser does the goldin oak have a water distressing effect? The sample from our local store shows what looks to be like a water mark or bleach or something on one of the boards? I called coretec to see if it was the design or possibly a mistake but couldn’t get a straight answer.

• Joanne Boorman
    3 months ago

@Todd Bowser What stain did you use on your island?

• Todd Bowser
    3 months ago

@autumnjohnson maybe, i took a few pics of what I think you could be referencing.

• Todd Bowser
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

@Joanne Boorman its called ”storm maple” on rustic hickory. I wish I had chosen something a bit lighter. I recommend a walnut stain on maple, then the grains aren’t competing.

• Todd Bowser
    3 months ago

@Stephanie Potts no, I don't believe our doors had to be trimmed, and sorry for the delay in responding to your question!

• Autumn Johnson
    3 months ago

Thank you for your response Todd Bowser. Yes, it looks like you captured what I saw in the one sample board in your first picture. Coretec sent me three large boards and there is zero of that effect. I know you have it in a larger space, do you see a lot of it? I have seen the other photos you shared and I love the floor in your space. Just nervous I wouldn’t like that if there was a ton of it.

• Todd Bowser
    3 months ago

@autumnjohnson no, I really didn't notice until you said something. I think once all the planks are put down, it kind of blends in. I found the floors to be much more beautiful once they were installed versus the store samples. My mom installed Coretec Ravenswood Oak, and she didn't care for some of the distressing on hers, which come to found out, mine have to. Again, I didn't notice until she said something about it. Now if every plank had the same markings, that would be different. There are some planks that I love better than others, but overall, this flooring is beautiful, and I can't say enough about durability. No scratches or dents and we've been here for 8 months. My only complaint is that it was difficult for the installers because they said it was more rigid than standard LVP (not to mention heavy!). It is essential for the planks to be line up perfectly or there will be gaps. There were several gaps that they had to fix before moving in, and there are new ones that I will be having them address at our 1-year check-in. I would make sure whoever installs your floor is experienced and comfortable with this type of thick flooring and be sure to order extra. I don't think this is a flaw of the flooring, but rather the installation, and the nature of floating floor. Gaps will occasionally occur.

• HU-976577743
    3 months ago

How was the installation process for this plank?

• HU-976577743
    3 months ago

How difficult was the installation process?

• David M.
    3 months ago

Anyone install Grande Aleta Oak? Trying to decide between Grande Aleta, Grande Petronas, Grande Goldin.

Any feedback on Petronas or Goldin? Or Coretec in general?

Dislike dark ends that matching up to light ends. With traditional hardwood oak and smaller boards, the color difference seem to blend, but with LVP I am finding that printed boards with dark edges (light in case of dark color) really pop. I also do not like soft plump bevels as this reminds me of big box LVP. I am evening wondering if best just to go with engineered wood so coloring more consistent across boards.

Appreciate any input.

• diana0702
    2 months ago

Any advice for a stain color for steps that matches golden oak ? having trouble finding one even close for the railings

• Todd Bowser
    2 months ago

@diana0702 I doubt you'll find anything to match it perfectly because it's a chameleon color, but you should be able to find a darker stain than the floor that matches the undertones which are neutral. For example, dark walnut stain on maple wood or white oak. I would go darker than the floor, not lighter. The contrast would be beautiful.

• Jodi Pennington
    17 days ago

This thread has been so helpful for me Thank you!

• Paul Amaral
    5 days ago

Has anyone installed CoreTec Golden Oak ? Would like to see more pictures.

• Linda Dunkelberger
    5 days ago

This thread has some beautiful photos. I installed Goldin Oak and we LOVE it. So beautiful wide plank and really indestructible with our dogs.

• Paul Amaral
    3 days ago

Thank you. I guess that’s what I’ll be going with. If anyone has additional pictures to share, that would be helpful