SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goodhs

Sherwin Williams color cabinet/trim dilemma- need to decide soon!

goodhs
3 years ago

I am needing to finalize colors in the next few days on a new build. Any help is MUCH appreciated! I have chosen white cabinets called "frosty" over steel gray granite and a charcoal brown colored island with marble-like whitish quartz. I'd like the home to have an open casual feel. I have Fantasy Brown in the laundry and powder and guest bath. I am trying to find a match for the trim, doors, and other built ins (laundry and master) to be painted by the builder. Pure White looks a little too white. I've looked at Alabaster but the SW people think Greek Villa is a better match to the cabinets. I've read that some designers here (Flo) think GV can come off a little pink. Is that a risk in this situation?. I'm OK if it tends it go a little warm due to the house facing NW. This is in an open floor plan with big windows. We have lots of gray days so I don't want a cold feeling home. Do you think this will work? The wood floors are very light oak. We will have good overhead lighting and a skylight over the island. I would also be interested in ideas for the walls. I have looked at Natural Choice, Shoji, Crushed Ice (probably too cool?), BM Edgecomb Gray. Trying to keep it light but providing some color as spouse does not want it too sterile feeling. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (6)