SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
onesharon

Advice on kitchen changes for house sale

onesharon
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all,

I just typed a very long post about my kitchen and it evaporated into Houzz air so I'll make this one shorter. We are getting our house ready for sale and are redoing our kitchen to make it as attractive to a new buyer as possible. Here are two pictures of the existing kitchen. We have already decided to replace the countertops with Emerstone Mont Blanc (countertops already paid for) and installing a new undermount sink and faucet. I'm looking for recommendations on the following:

1. Color to paint walls - getting rid of the blue but do I go white or will it look too much like a hospital? A friend recommended BM Nimbus - would I just paint that above the chair rail the way I have the blue?

2. Painting the island. I've seen beautiful kitchen pics with a painted island, maybe a blue-gray. Should I do this? If I do this, would I then not paint the walls a color?

3. Backsplash. Was figuring white tile but a

gain, lots of white - would I go for grey grout to break it up?

The kitchen cabinets will be repainted white and the hardware will be changed (still brushed nickel).

Attached are two pictures of the way the kitchen is today (pre- new countertops). Advice appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (38)