SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amber_loughrey

Recommendations for white farmhouse/apron sink

Amber Moonshadow
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello - We are wanting a farmhouse/apron sink for our kitchen. It's a complete gut and remodel. I'd love to hear from those who have had theirs for some time. Wanting to know how they hold up, as I've read reviews that they crack, chip, stain. Fire clay vs porcelain? I'm leaning towards fire clay as it seems to hold up better. Was also looking at the brand Vigo as they claim to have a solid core. Only thing is that they don't have a step sink/work station... the kind where you can insert a cutting board/strainer. Right now I have my eye on this dual level step system workstation kitchen sink from Houzer.. https://www.homedepot.com/p/HOUZER-Platus-Fireclay-33-in-Apron-Front-Dual-Level-Step-System-Workstation-Kitchen-Sink-White-PTW-3300-WH/314599676. Looking for a 33" single basin.

If you do have a workstation sink is it even worth it? In theory it sounds great, so just looking for some real life feedback.

Does it really matter where the drain is? Any comments on this would be awesome as well!

Comments (15)