testing -- am I still a member?

bleusblue2

I am pretty sure I've been blacklisted here -- just testing to see if this post goes through.

SaveComment44Like3
Comments (44)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zmith

I see it.

Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
dandyfopp

I see you.

Iris GW

I see you

bleusblue2

Thank you everyone.

I posted last night about Trump's retweet insinuating that Biden was a ped.......

I used the word in the subject line. My post disappeared. I reposted it with a more neutral heading. And did not spell out that word. That immediately disappeared. This morning I used another headline on the topic and it disappeared. Now my sad little question is posted. Interesting that Trump can retweet that word about Biden but I can't quote Trump's word here.

So is it a robot, algorhythm kicing it out or ???? Surely the mods don't sit there watching the screen minute by minute!

Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)(8a)

Glad you’re still here bleu, the place wouldn’t be the same without you. Are you willing/able to link your post here, or share the title? I don’t see it.

—L

2 Likes Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
MSRED Byrd(ZONE 8)

HI....bleusblue2...seeing you!

bleusblue2

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-09-15/trump-aims-lower-as-he-targets-biden

Trump aims lower with a sordid attack on Biden

WASHINGTON — President Trump opened a sordid new chapter Tuesday in America’s history of ugly political rhetoric, sharing a tweet that falsely suggests Democratic nominee Joe Biden is a ......

~~~~~

I took the "ped" word out -- you can read it in the LA Times. This is just the beginning of the post. I made an angry comment and glad to repeat it but not at the moment -- let's see if this stays.up.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Always projection with Donnie.

It is as good as a confession.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
bleusblue2

Yup -- that was the first one, followed by two more tries. Thanks.

1 Like Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Bleus--I've had the same thing happen to me on a number of occasions, usually (but not always) on week-ends. I usually contact the powers-that-be and ask why (again) my thread disappeared and I give them the address (taken from my "Activity" link). Then, 2-4 days later, my disappeared threads usually reappear, although sometimes on page 3 or 4--which means I have to go looking for them and then "bump" them up on page 1 by adding a response to them.

As far as I can tell, Houzz has some filters set up to catch some "bad words." Usually that is indicated when your thread disappears almost as quickly as it is posted. Checking the language of your title is good, but do double-check the body of your message also--occasionally I have discovered a quote was included that contained a "bad word," so I had to "asterick" or "blank" it out.

However, given the dispositions of a couple HT posters, I wouldn't be surprised if they sometimes target some posters and/or topics they don't like and flag them without even reading the posts.

Other than that, I don't have any other advice. I'm not bothered so much now with "disappeared" threads. Why, I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting better at making my posts acceptable? [shrug]

Kate

1 Like Save     Thanked by bleusblue2
maifleur03

When I saw the heading I thought you were having the same difficulty I have been having periodically. If I click on one of the items in my Notifications when I try to return to HT it states I am not a member. Close out or go to another site and come back I am still a member.

heri_cles

The vulgarian Don Trump would have been banned here a hundred times for his mouth and for being disruptive. It is amazing that simply repeating him might violate the TOS.

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

We are assured there’s no bias. 😊

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

When you’re booted there’s no question about it. You can’t sign in.

1 Like Save    

Well my comment at the bottom of that thread isn’t showing up. As our beloved Hay says, I can see it but you can’t. Doesn’t use any words that aren’t used throughout the rest of the thread.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Can’t see anything there.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

After everything the left has said about trump for the last 4 years, I couldn't care less about anything Trump says about any of them. I'm not concerned with what Trump said about biden...biden's words are what bothers most people. He earned the title all by himself.

Save    
maddie260

Don’t post from Friday evening until Monday. The flaggers are out in force, and I think the moderators are off? Ask me how I know- ha! You’ll probably be safe.

Save    
lurker111

That post didn't last long. lolol

Save    
lurker111

I'll ask nice. Show me where Trump accused biden of being a "that word". He retweeted a tweet. Have you read the tweet?

Save    
deegw

Save    
deegw

Cue the gaslighting.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Seconds later, he sniffs her hair...BIGLY. ^^^^

Save    
deegw

The President of the United States used his social media platform to refer to his opponent as #PedoBiden.

#notnormal

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

No he didn't.

Save    
deegw

Save    
lurker111

Save    
numbersjunkie

Oh lurker, is that your picture? I kind of imagined you that way!

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

That's funny. I've never had a need to imagine anything about you. Just got the first vision...lol

Save    
foodonastump

No he didn't.

What’s this? Oh, let me guess, he technically didn’t tweet the hashtag, he just retweeted a tweet that had it. Yawn.

Save    
lurker111

Why was the original tweet made, and why did she say "We can beat them at their own game"? Because the crats started #pedotrump. Are you okay with that?

Save    
deegw

Biden retweeted a #pedotrump tweet? I didn't see that, will you link it?

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Doesn’t matter who created it or why. What I’m not ok with is Trump tweeting it. And yes, I’d object if Biden did it to Trump.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Anyone can retweet anything and it doesn't bother me. It's just twitter. I don't use twitter or read anything there, other than stuff I see posted elsewhere.

Save    

So what? Other people do use Twitter.

The appropriateness of the communications of the President does not depend on whether or not your or I “use Twitter.”

Good grief.

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Seriously.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

Again, it doesn't bother me at all and I'm sure biden would do the same, and much worse.

Save    
foodonastump

“it doesn't bother me at all”

That’s probably your safest stance, as any line you could draw for decency would surely be crossed eventually.

4 Likes Save    
deegw

.. it doesn't bother me ...

If it doesn't bother you why did you post on this thread about it 10+ times?

Save    
lurker111

The lies and propaganda bothers me. Why do you post?

Save    
foodonastump

Oh! I get it. You’re so bothered by 20,000+ lies that there’s no room left to be bothered by his indecency.

Save    
lurker111

Good example. ^^^

Save    
Toby

I'm sure I've seen that meme here and also comments insinuating that Biden is a child molester. I'm sure I've never seen any Trump supporter object to it.

At one of his rallies this week, he said he was going to get vicious now and his cult hooted and hollered.

Remember decency, one of the things you want to go back to 1950 for, when America was great?

4 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Life What I Learned About Moving a Loved One to a Retirement Home
Setting up an elderly family member’s apartment in an assisted-care facility is a labor of love for this Houzz writer
Full Story