Weather site says it's 72 and sunny right now

Kathsgrdn

But I just let the dogs in and out and stepped outside myself and it's chilly and overcast. Feels like 65 to me and it's definitely not sunny. The thermometer on the porch says it's about 72.

How's your weather? I have late corn growing and a second round of summer squash, it can't be getting cold yet! I just turned my air conditioning completely off.

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sal 60 Hanzlik

here in Wi. we will be having temps in the 80's--79 today and 80 tomorrow and than back to cool weather. I prefer the cool weather.

1 Like Save    
dedtired

It feels like someone flipped a switch from summer to fall . It was cool all day and is predicted to stay that way for awhile. The light from the sun was odd today because the ash from the CA fires has worked its way here to Philadelphia. Very high though, so you don’t smell anything, it just gave a strange glow to the sun.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

Has been cool since last week. AC off I hope for the season. I know it will sound strange but in this area it is like our seasons have moved up between 4 to 6 weeks. What we are having now used to be what this area would have about the second week of October.

It has actually warmed up to 79 it was in the upper 60s until about three.

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg

dedtired, it's like that here in Virginia too. Apparently the haze is keeping our temperature a few degrees lower than it would have been. It feels downright cold, we had to put a quilt on the bed last night.

2 Likes Save    
amylou321

Still hot here. And i am grumpy about it. Its my last vacation of the year and I had hoped to spend it outside, turning another part of the hill behind my house into a garden for more roses next year, planting tulips, power washing the house,etc. But when its this icky and sticky outside,I hide in the air conditioning. I hope it cools down before the week is out.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Call How Are You Passing the Time at Home Right Now?
Share your thoughts about how you are coping with stress and staying grateful during this difficult time
Full Story
Trending Now The 10 Most Popular Home Entryways on Houzz Right Now
Abundant storage and attractive designs have the Houzz community saving these photos
Full Story
Decluttering 7 Household Items to Get Rid of Right Now
Kick-start your January decluttering by clearing out these things around the house
Full Story
Fisher’s offers a variety of beautiful gazebos and pergolas in wood or vinyl, with many options and additions... Read More
ADR has over 25 years of residential remodeling experience in MD and VA and can handle any size project. We work... Read More