trump ad features russian jets...

Annie Deighnaugh

Those are Russian MiG-29s.

Couldn't they care enough to find US fighter jets for the photo?

Or are they sending a different message? And to whom?

SaveComment56Like3
Comments (56)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AITG

I think I'm gonna be sick.

4 Likes Save    
ohiomom

It is a stock photo and one soldier is carrying a AK-74

ETA: The ad has been removed. I would be willing to bet whoever created the ad had no idea that the jets were Russian. Only the best people for tweety. LOL

SOURCE OF COURSE

12 Likes Save    
Michele

My God! Every. Single. Day. It’s endless and gets more and more absurd and alarming. The freak out by Caputo for instance. Hopefully, somehow the vote will actually get this dangerous crowd out of the White House. Then it will be a long arduous road to restore things to some semblance of normalcy. This has poisoned people.

7 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

If you think it's bad now, just wait until after the election....regardless of who wins. It's going to be crazy nuts!

8 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

No coincidences anymore.

Our troops have had Russian bounties on their heads.

9 Likes Save    
AITG

I imagine they still do.

Not like the kremlin will get called out or anything.

They've had donald by the short hairs the whole time.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

Not the first time the campaign has screwed up something that is pretty easy to get right. Very amateurish, guess they had to find ways to cut costs.

6 Likes Save    
maifleur03

I know it sounds off the wall but while it appears that someone messed up it could have been intentional. If you plant enough seeds people can accept after a time something that they would normally not accept.

I did find it interesting that each of the soldiers have different uniforms and apparently nationalities.

2 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Those aren't our troops, our weapons or our planes. Other than that, yea, support our troops.

3 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)(8a)

maifleur I’m curious how you can tell the nationalities of the soldiers?

Save    
petalique

Beat me to it, Ohiomom.

Save    
maifleur03

Each country has slight differences in their military uniforms and how they are worn. Helmets or head wraps are of three different types. Observation helps.

Save    
how2girl

Normalising, it’s all part of the plan. At first it will be called out, then it will become “why bother”, then it’s normal/accepted.

Staggering how quickly they’re working through the playbook, it’s in hyperdrive.

3 Likes Save    
blfenton

Normalising, it’s all part of the plan. At first it will be called out, then it will become “why bother”, then it’s normal/accepted - how2girl

This has been going on since the day he came down the elevator.

4 Likes Save    
how2girl

^^^agree

Save    

No matter how long I looked at that poster I would not have the knowledge or experience to determine the national origin of three different soldiers in silhouette so I guess I was hoping for a few details.

I can observe the differences; I have no idea what they mean. My only experience with seeing troops of different nationalities or even large numbers of American troops comes from the movies, where various head gear styles are not uncommon.

In silhouette all these US Marines would look quite different from each other:

But thanks for the answer.

Save    
Michele

Nothing is an accident. It’s deliberate.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

SMH that there is support for these incompetent traitors.

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

You think his base would know or care they’re Russian planes? They don’t care he got help from Russia last time or is getting help this time to “win” the election. They don’t care that he denigrates our institutions but cozies up to and believes Putin instead.

Support our troops? A lame attempt to smooth over the “losers and suckers” comment? Or he does support the Russian troops that have bounties on US troops because nary a word in all these weeks? Maybe the ad was spot on and conveyed exactly what he wanted it to.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

FA 18's. The wings are wrong for a mig. Blue Angels.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

lurker111

~~~~

^^^^Your expertise is astounding. Why do you bother?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/15/trump-election-ad-uses-stock-military-image-featuring-russian-fighter-jets

EXCERPT

The ad, which has since been removed, was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which is run by the Republican National Committee (RNC) and the Trump campaign. The stock image shows five soldiers in silhouette against a sunset as the three planes fly overhead.

Pierre Sprey, who helped design US Air Force planes, told Politico the jet featured in the ad is “definitely a MiG-29”, as did the director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, Ruslan Pukhov.

5 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the exploding trees.

7 Likes Save    
bry911

Yeah, riiight. Such silliness. Another debunked Thor thread.

The vertical stabilizers are wrong for F/A-18's and the wings are not wrong for MIG-29's... Try again.

F/A-18

MIG-29

2 Likes Save    
palisades_

The wingspan and shape are different from FA18. Mig29 also has the long pointing needle nose which people do not see in the OP picture.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Be proud, Trump supporters.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

Why argue with the analysis by producing pictures -- just read what the real experts say -- if lurker had read the article he would see that the AUTHENTIC experts have weighed in. We can be sure that there will always be a Trump fan here ready to step up and defend the stupidity of Trump and his enablers.

Excerpt from my Post above:

1. "Pierre Sprey, who helped design US Air Force planes, told Politico the jet featured in the ad is “definitely a MiG-29”, as did the director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, Ruslan Pukhov."
5 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The antidote to Trump's comments about soldiers being suckers and losers explodes in the re-election campaign's collective face . . . and reinforces that Trump's loyalty is to Putin and for actual US troops in Afghanistan.

2 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

^^^ You forget, Lurker, like his hero Trump knows more about everything than the experts.

8 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

These wrong place/objects in photos are happening way too often for me to continue to believe they were unintentional. If it was a mistake, with the first ones logic would say they would be more careful to not repeat such mistakes in the future. But it is happening more frequently, and more blatantly, not less.

It seems to be intentional for the broad coverage it receives, thus spreading the "trumpian message" to a broader audience and to act as a distraction. None of his followers CARE, so he feels it does not hurt. He wants everyone talking about this, instead of the many topics that are worse.

I'm not at all saying it should not be noted; just that it seems to have become a part of their plan now.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

It helps that this area has several military bases including what used to be called the Command and General Staff College in Leavenworth which trains military people from many countries. When they used to have open houses or training displays pictures of the various uniforms would be on tv. It also helps that there is a small special plant nursery that I used to visit. At that time people would wear their countries uniforms if in restaurants and other venues. You get used to seeing various uniforms of many countries.

2 Likes Save    
bry911

Why argue with the analysis by producing pictures -- just read what the real experts say

There are a significant number of Americans whose sole expertise seems to be ignoring real experts. It is my hope that with visual evidence those people might realize their error.

However, I do fear that their next step is an accusation that Bill Gates put a chip in our head to intercept signals from the ocular nerve just to make Trump look bad so we can't trust our own eyes...

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

18 Likes Save    
lurker111

I haven't seen any facts in this thread.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

5 Likes Save    
jmm1837

"I haven't seen any facts in this thread."

Sure you have. The problem is, they don't fit with your beliefs, so you reject them. That is the larger problem in the US today.

11 Likes Save    
lurker111

I see a lot of junk on the internet.

Save    
jmm1837

^^^^

So do I.

7 Likes Save    
maifleur03

I do wonder if people who look at themselves in a mirror can tell how long their nose is....

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8734073/Donald-Trump-uses-pictures-Russian-MiG-29-fighter-jets-campaign-advert-support-troops.html

"Pierre Sprey, who helped design the F-16 and A-10 planes for the US Air Force told Politico: 'That's definitely a MiG-29.'

Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for
Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, also confirmed the
presence of MiG-29s and AK-74s in the image.

The
AK-74 the updated, automatic, version of the famous AK-47 rifle and is
the standard rifle for Russian and other former Soviet militaries.

The
MiG-29 is the Russians’ mainstay fighter jet and it was developed
during the Cold War specifically to counter American F-15 and F-16s.

Sprey
pointed to distinctive features of the pictured jets which match the
MiG - including the angle of the aircraft’s tail and the spacing of the
engines

The image used in the advert
comes from a stock photo on Shutterstock titled 'military silhouettes of
soldiers and airforce against the backdrop of sunset sky'.

2 Likes Save    
bry911

I haven't seen any facts in this thread.

All F-18 variants, and even the prototype YF-17, have canted vertical stabilizers, the planes in the photo don't. That is a fact (actually two).

I wouldn't even consider myself interested in military aircraft beyond flight sim games, and even I know the myth/story/controversy about the canted vertical stabilizers on the F/A-18 being a stealth feature.

1 Like Save    

“Oops I was wrong” gets easier the more you practice it...

9 Likes Save    
kadefol

trump ad features russian jets...

How VERY appropriate!

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I haven't seen any proof that this was a Trump ad. Tabloids.

Save    
heri_cles

There is all the proof you need here:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/14/trump-ad-asks-people-to-support-the-troops-but-it-uses-a-picture-of-russian-jets-414883

After this story was published, the
creator of the image, Arthur Zakirov, confirmed in a Facebook message
that it shows a 3D model of a MiG-29, and that the soldiers were Russian
models. He said it was a composite photo created five years ago and
taken in three different countries showing Russian sky, Greek mountains
and French ground.

“This is a completely recreated scene
from various photographs of mine,” said Zakirov, a 34-year-old oil
company analyst and hobbyist photographer based in the Russian city of
Perm, about 700 miles east of Moscow.

“Today you hear about the Kremlin’s
hand in U.S. politics. Tomorrow you are this hand,” he joked, saying he
found the fact that his photo ended up in a Trump fundraising ad “pretty
funny.”

3 Likes Save    
jmm1837

Snopes has a good fact check on this. Bottom line, the ad was done by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, and does indeed feature MIGs. There's even a comparison of MIGs in a similar formation taken in Ukraine a few years ago.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

lurker keeps swinging and missing...

3 Likes Save    

The ironic thing is that this would be the perfect example of when to say “oops my bad.”

Since no one is perfect and we all make mistakes daily, admitting to this one could show that the Trump campaign (and his supporters) is able to acknowledge theirs.

1 Like Save    
bry911

I haven't seen any proof that this was a Trump ad. Tabloids.

Visual impairment is a very serious condition and my thoughts and prayers are with you as you struggle through this potentially devastating affliction.

3 Likes Save    
bry911

Those are not MIGs...

Those are MIG's but that is not a Trump add..

Anyone in a gambling mood? I got $10 on "Those are MIG's and that is a Trump add, but the Democrats paid someone to set Trump up."

1 Like Save    

I’ve got $10 on an abandonment of the thread.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

^^^ditto

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

No bry...they'll turn to investigate those who pointed out the event...so anyone who can recognize that those are MiGs will be under investigation.

And anyone who was involved in the ad creation who admits those are MiGs??

You're fired!

Save    
heri_cles

"the creator of the image, Arthur Zakirov, confirmed in a Facebook message
that it shows a 3D model of a MiG-29, and that the soldiers were Russian
models
. He said it was a composite photo created five years ago and
taken in three different countries showing Russian sky, Greek mountains
and French ground."

==============

How could these fools at Trump headquarters decide to use this ad without knowing when and where the images were taken, who the photographer was, or even what branch of service the planes and the troops were from? I know the DT Campaign is short on money, but how careless could they be ? Cut and paste a MAGA ad on top of a composite photo of Mig29s and Russian models ? I have not seen Russian models exploited like that since Miss Galore did that photo shoot in Goldfinger's jet.

Save    
lurker111

lol

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

Save    
heri_cles

Malania (sic) beware of his web of sin, his heart is cold, he loves only gold....

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Design 14 Bathroom Design Ideas Expected to Be Big in 2015
Award-winning designers reveal the bathroom features they believe will emerge or stay strong in the years ahead
Full Story
Inside Houzz A New Houzz Survey Reveals What You Really Want in Your Kitchen
Discover what Houzzers are planning for their new kitchens and which features are falling off the design radar
Full Story
Pets 10 Tips for Keeping Indoor Cats Healthy and Happy
It's National Cat Day: Ask not what your cat can do for you (because it will ignore you) but what you can do for your cat
Full Story