"You understand that they’re going to have to kill me"

Lucille(9a)

Michael Caputo, Trump minion, accusing the CDC of having a seditious 'resistance unit'.

SaveComment19Like
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Huh?

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

This has to be one of the weirder events in the Trump Administration and that is saying something. This man is channeling Q maybe?

4 Likes Save    
sprtphntc7a

the article in NYTimes.

it was so disturbing i could not finish it.

don't forget: donnie only hires "THE BEST".

My question as always: why is this being allowed by all those Republican Senators????? what is really going in the WH. it must be total chaos!

7 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

These QAnon enthusiasts should preemptively hand out flyers so we can understand what the heck they're yammering about.

6 Likes Save    
maifleur03

Personally I hope there are resistance within the CDC.

Somewhat alarming to me is the sudden drop of deaths over the weekend. If a medical breakthrough that lowered the deaths from 1,000 to less than 400 had happened I would have expected cheering. I am aware that death information no longer comes from CDC but do not remember who releases that info now.

Save    
ohiomom

Apparently Caputo went on a twitter rant late Sunday night or early this morning ... he suggested tear-gassing reporters and called someone a feminine hygiene product ... his twitter account has since been deleted.

6 Likes Save    
leona_2008

Apparently, at some point, he said this was affecting his mental health. Have to agree with him there.

12 Likes Save    
jmm1837

I have never really understood why so many positions in the government that would be filled by career civil servants elsewhere are filled by political appointees in the US. Aside from a few plum ambassadorship, most jobs at the mid to senior levels in Canada Australia, the UK, etc, go to bureaucrats who, whatever their personal views, understand their job is to serve the interests of the public in a bipartisan way.

Is there a particular historical reason for the US approach?

1 Like Save    
cattyles

They are all affecting each other’s mental health. A collective deep breath and dial down on the lies and drama would be immensely helpful.

4 Likes Save    
cattyles

jmm, if you have the money you can buy some power (and mental health issues, apparently). It’s really not in the people’s best interest, is it? Both sides do it.

4 Likes Save    
catspa_zone9sunset14

He's totally unhinged. My jaw has been dropped for hours now. Unbelievable. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/14/us/caputo-virus.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

ETA: Bad enough they were suppressing/altering scientific opinions on Covid-19. This is one of the people handling pandemic response. How "reassuring".

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

This guy is nuts and needs help.

Did you read the part where he suggested people stock up on ammunition?

He should not be in any responsible govenment position. Yet he's the person responsible for filtering information coming out of the CDC. Doesn't give me much confidence.

7 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Most of the mid to senior level positions in our government are also (or have been in the past) filled with civil servants. My husband was one at EPA. The political appointees were usually just the top people.

Save    
maifleur03

Our division manager had part of his multiple jobs as a political appointee and had to turn in his resignation each time the administration changed. While he was also an assistant under secretary of some type of foreign project he was also just a division manager. I found out about it when I needed something signed and my regular boss was out of the office. He had already turned in his resignation as was custom but unlike custom that year he was not automatically sent notification that the resignation was rejected. It was accepted but he spent several weeks in limbo.

Save    
AITG

"I have never really understood why so many positions in the government that would be filled by career civil servants elsewhere are filled by political appointees in the US."

It's all about leverage.

Unqualified people are not as equipped to push back against illegal orders, especially if donald has dirt on 'em.

His whole administration is compromised.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It's all about loyalty...nothing to do with competence.

You support the pres in whatever craziness and lies he puts out? You're in.

You disagree with him at all with, say, facts or truth? Out on your ear if you're lucky. If you're not so lucky, he'll come after you even after he demotes or fires you.

3 Likes Save    
heri_cles

There is nothing new about machine politics where political power is solidified through political patronage. What we see now though is much worse. Trump has taken that to a deeper and darker level hiring creeps and ideologues who pledge fealty to him like he is a mob boss.

Then there is the inexplicable amount of appointees with Russian or Ukrainian ties like Caputo, Stone, Manafort, Papadopolous, Page that makes one question why unqualified people with those ties were elevated to positions in his campaign or administration. I guess we may never know as Trump continues to obstruct investigation, refuses to release his tax returns, and covers his tracks with pardons and the ridiculous commutation of his friend and advisor Roger Stone. At this point we need to motivate as many people as possible to vote this mob boss and his creepy cabal out. We, as Americans deserve better and we will demand better on November 3.

5 Likes Save    
cecily 7A

Caputo is taking sixty days medical leave. That will keep him out of sight until after the election.

Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I hope he is actually getting the help he needs.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides They're Baaack: 7 Retro Design Features Making a Comeback
You may have thought (hoped?) you'd never see them again, but these design blasts from the past are better than ever
Full Story
Most Popular Decorating 101: How Much Is This Going to Cost Me?
Learn what you might spend on DIY decorating, plus where it’s good to splurge or scrimp
Full Story
Stairways Clear Staircases — They're a Real Glass Act
If you're flush with funds, you can have a ball with crystal on your stairs. The rest of us can just marvel from afar
Full Story