Something odd I noticed today about tax withholding

maifleur03

I check periodically via the IRS Withholding Calculator to see if I need to adjust things. To do that you need to have the amount of taxes withheld. Today in verifying my taxes taken out of my federal retirement I noticed an odd thing. Starting this month there was a new category, Federal Tax Withheld (Citizen). This is the first month that the word Citizen has been added. For you tax people is this a method to verify the citizenship of the person's taxes to place it into another bucket?

While there may have been non-citizens when I was working for the federal government I do not remember any qualifier allowing for a non-citizen to be employed. I am aware that there are non-citizens in the military but this is the civil area.

SaveCommentLike2
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Life The Beautiful Thing About Dad's Chair
My father had his own spot in the house. His father had his own spot. Now I have mine
Full Story
Pets So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More