“Sam the Not” was wondering..

caroline94535

“Sam the Not,” (soon to be 12) was wondering if his mom, “Caroline94535” still has her chair at the Kitchen Table?

Although she first sat here in ‘98? or 99?, she’d been on a hiatus for a while. It’s too lonely without the KT. She wants to pour a cup a tea, dust off her chair and rejoin the universe as seen through KT eyes!

Sam, summer 2020

SaveComment30Like8
Comments (30)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hounds_x_two

I say welcome back to The Table! No dust or cobwebs on your chair. Probably a few crumbs under the table for four-footed ones.

1 Like Save     Thanked by caroline94535
terilyn

Welcome back!

Save     Thanked by caroline94535
sjerin

Oh wow, it's so nice to see you back!! I've missed seeing your (Sam,) doggy pictures. I remember him as a new pup but can't believe he's 12. I hope you'll stay awhile, Caroline.

Jasdip

YES!!!! Please do come and sit!!! Sam the Not, and Harry the WonderDog

OutsidePlaying

Hi Caroline. I wasn’t around the table at that time but welcome back.

sephia_wa

Sam is so handsome and distinguished looking with the bit of gray.

nicole___

wildchild2x2

Good to see you here Sam the Not and Caroline too. Missed those wonderful tales of the tails.

susanwv

Welcome back ! How did Sam get his name ?

caroline94535

Sam the Not came by his name honestly. His 3XGreat Uncle, Harry the Perfect, was our first Deutsch Drahthaar, a German versatile hunting breed. They share some characteristics with, but are not, German wirehairs.

My husband just could not control himself and got the new puppy seven years early. He had neither the time off work, nor the energy, to train a second high maintenance, high energy pup. Harry and Sam never learned to like each other. Sam did learn his most important lesson: If Harry was not happy, then Mom was not happy, and Sam would be very unhappy.

We had to feed them separately; let them outside separately unless one of us was outside to referee, and monitor them at all times. They would not hunt nor train together. When one went out for a long prairie run, swimming, or hunting the other one had to stay home, howling and acting out.

Needless to say, Sam did not get the intensive training Harry did. He was/is loved and taken care of, better than most human children, but he was not Harry.

After Harry the Perfect left for Heaven, Sam the Not was already 6 and his prime training time was past. He is good hunter; but not excellent; he can't work in the extreme cold, where Harry thrived on it, and Sam melts in the heat, so Wes' outdoor adventures have been slowed. But then, he's older and slowing down himself!

Sam is his own version of joy. He is happy and spoiled and loved. Wes has promised he will not get another Drahthaar until Sam has followed Harry. Since I can't bear to think of that; I hope he's here forever.

14 Likes Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Hugs to you and welcome back!

Lucille

Welcome back!!

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Glad to have both of you back!

glenda_al

Waving at you! Glad you are back!

nickel_kg

Hi, welcome back -- I love dogs with gray muzzles, so dignified :-)

caroline94535

LOL! “Dignified;” yes that is Sam right now.

He’s trying to walk through the kitchen, while scratching his ear with a hind leg, and wanting to counter-surf at the same time.

Grace, charm, and dignity. That’s my boy!

2 Likes Save    
arkansas girl

He looks like a Lab if they had wire hair. My friend has an English Lab and she has the same face.

lindaohnowga

Welcome back.

Lukki Irish

Welcome back Caroline! I loved Sam’s story and that he’s loved so so much. He looks like a very happy boy!

chisue

VERY glad to see you, Caroline. No need to send Sam ahead to sniff out the welcome. Have you moved to a warmer clime? How ARE you? Catch us up, please.

woodrose

Welcome back, Caroline ! Your chair will always be here. I've been on Gardenweb since '98 or '99, too, but I can't even remember my user name from back then.

blubird

Welcome back, Caroline. I remember many of Harry the Great's adventures as well as Sam, the not so greats. Beautiful dogs. We had several German shorthairs (Drahthaar look alikes) in our past, they were clowns, too.

tami_ohio

Welcome Back!!!!

katlan

Welcome back Caroline!

Cherryfizz

Hi Caroline! Welcome back. I thought of you often and was hoping you were well

phyllis__mn

Hi, Caroline.....I was thinking of you a couple of day ago and wondering how you were, so I'm happy to see you, and Sam, of course!

blubird

BTW, I always looked forward to your purple Martin stories. Are you still putting up PM homes?

wanda_va

So glad you are back! You have been missed....Sam, too!!

murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Welcome back! You and your guys have been missed!

caroline94535

You are all so sweet!

I will try to catch up all the news very soon. My computer is dead and I have been battling with Apple and Verizon about replacing this new but defective iPhone.

I have to make one more bone-jarring trip to Grand Forks and it should be from fixed.

Yes; I still host Purple Martins. They just left August 22 for their trip back to Brazil.

More later guys!

Here’s a few of this years’ chicks. The mess near the inner porch is a mud dam built by the patent birds.

I love my precious babies. Look at those sweet faces!

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Product Picks Get Prepared for Winter's Wonderful Ways
Are you ready for winter? It's ready for you. Here's how to weather the season with a smile
Full Story
Edible Gardens 7 Edible, Pretty Wonders of the Plant World
It's OK to like them just for their looks, but these flowers, trees and greens have a tasty side too
Full Story
Life 'Not My Precious Books!' — Pain-Free Ways to Declutter Your Library
Have your books and neatness too, with these ideas for paring down and straightening up a beloved collection
Full Story
Biltmore Design Galleria is a Design-Build company with over 15 years or so of experience. We are firm believers... Read More
Full service Design/ Build firm with over 15 years experience in kitchens, bathrooms, interior design, furniture,... Read More