SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bertman_gw

Torched down Flat Roof -Sealer and Edge/Fascia Repair

Flex Design LLC
3 years ago

So just had my pitched roof completed. I live in a raised ranch, with attached flat roof garage. The remaining problem is with the flat roof 33 x 23 with an ever so slight pitch on either side for run off. However over the years the edge flashing has desegregate and curled up and caused some water pools and damage in 3 or 4 places. After inspecting a few of them closely, the bulk of the rot is in the fascia and the seals on the drip edging. So the roofer gave me a paint/sealant for the majority of the center section of the roof. He said after I replace the fascia where needed, he would come back and hot torch a three foot strip all around the outer borders with a new drip edge. I have since gotten a few other strong opinions which are all different. Here are a few examples: No hot torch! Just go with Peel and Stick. (However I was also told that my pitch isn’t high enough for that to work effectively?).Another suggests replacing the whole roof with membrane material. He also said he could replace sections needed with membrane. I defiantly don’t like that advise! So lets hear what you have to say! Please comment.
PS If I were to consider a new roof, whatever it may be. I would also have to seriously consider building a second floor with a conventional pitched roof, If I am going to go thru the effort!

Comment