John Durham top aide resigns

Sue 430

Due to concern over pressure from William Barr

SaveComment37Like2
Comments (37)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nana H

Sue any more info or point me to it. I am totally not surprised that Barr may indeed be putting pressure on them. Trump desperately needs a diversion leading up to the election and Barr is the guy to deliver on it. However, the release will not be the Durham report, it will be the Barr crib notes.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

Found this....... hope Durham has the same level of integrity. Heaven knows Barr has none.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-durhams-top-aide-nora-dannehy-resigns-from-russia-probe-over-political-pressure-report-says

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Pressure to lie or falsify records instead of taking the time for a thorough investigation? Who would be surprised?

3 Likes Save    
HU-400972298

So, gossip from her coworkers.

All anonymous.

Quite the high BARR ya got there.

1 Like Save    
elvis

John Durham top aide resigns

Sue 4303 hours ago

Due to concern over pressure from William Barr

According to you?

Dannehy, a highly regarded prosecutor who has worked with or for Durham for decades, informed colleagues in the U.S. Attorney’s office in New Haven of her resignation from the Department of Justice by email Thursday evening. The short email was a brief farewell message and said nothing about political pressure, her work for Durham or what the Durham team has produced, according to people who received it.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-dannehy-resignation-20200911-20200911-xcsapnq7g5e63kvtw5aqi7cv34-story.html

1 Like Save    
Toby

Barr is itching to release something. You can tell by his recent responses in interviews.

How naive do you have to be to not see he's in Trump's pocket?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

That would need to be a pretty big pocket. Got a photo?

Save    
Toby

Trump wears really big pants. Lots of photos online.

5 Likes Save    
HU-400972298

elvis, it's the wingman pocket.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Well, duh. If she was resigning due to political pressure, do you think she's stupid enough to put it in her farewell email???

I don't think so.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Federal prosecutor Nora Dannehy, a top aide to U.S. Attorney John H. Durham in his Russia investigation, has quietly resigned — at least partly out of concern that the investigative team is being pressed for political reasons to produce a report before its work is done, colleagues said.

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-john-durham-dannehy-resignation-20200911-20200911-xcsapnq7g5e63kvtw5aqi7cv34-story.html

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

I honestly don't get the significance of the report. Whatever the conclusion, it will be sure to get the cult jumpng up and down but most people just won't care. It's become too highly politicized with Barr leading the charge. He's lost all credibility.

The report will probably point a finger at someone, but I doubt it will have anything to do with Biden. It's more likely to be a republican they smear. They like to eat their own. Trump has proven himself so corrupt that it's not far fetched to imagine there was good reason to investigate him.

Save    
Ann

I heard this story today and found it intriguing in that it made me wonder what might be in the Durham report. I haven't been hanging onto or obsessing about this upcoming report like many Dems did pre-Mueller report or "counting" on it like many Dems did with the Mueller report (when it was upcoming), but I wonder about it every once in a while. This news upped my curiosity just a bit.

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

Joe Biden probably knows a lot of things about Trump that he's not able to share publicly.

Save    
elvis

blfenton

Federal prosecutor Nora Dannehy, a top aide to U.S. Attorney John H. Durham in his Russia investigation, has quietly resigned — at least partly out of concern that the investigative team is being pressed for political reasons to produce a report before its work is done, colleagues said.

Yes, I read that too. So the Courant said, Dannehy did not. Perhaps they will turn out to be right about her motivation, but until then they're guessing, same as you. Get back to us when you have a quote/letter from Dannehy.

Save    
heri_cles

I think the report will conclude that an FBI agent falsified information on a document as part of FISA application to get a warrant on a suspected Russian spy that they already had under surveillance years ago .... as a suspected Russian spy.

Oh the horror, especially considering the Russian foreign influence campaign that they knew was going on and the fact that the suspected Russian agent was traveling back and forth to Russia to broker some energy deal or for some other nebulous purpose. No, you don't want to watch that guy.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Time to investigate the investigators who are investigating the investigators...

4 Likes Save    
how2girl

Sure, every time I resigned from a position I wrote the real reason in my resignation letter /s. Show me someone who does. SMH.

Save    
adoptedbyhounds

FTA: "The short email was a brief farewell message and said nothing about
political pressure, her work for Durham or what the Durham team has
produced, according to people who received it."

She's resigning from the Russia Probe. Undoubtedly she knows the Russia Hoax inside and out.

Perhaps she's preparing for a role in prosecuting one or more government insiders who participated in the attempted coup.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"Undoubtedly she knows the Russia Hoax inside and out."

...or she undoubtedly knows this ongoing barr/durham hoax inside & inside and she wants to be outside.

The House should call her up to testify about any political pressures from Barr & Co.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

how2girl

Sure, every time I resigned from a position I wrote the real reason in my resignation letter /s. Show me someone who does.

Someone might conceal their motive for resignation because they have nefarious behavior to hide, i.e., stealing, sexual harassment, etc.

Or, as ABH suggested, that person might be preparing for a sensitive role elsewhere. We may never know.

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

Why would it be a surprise if the political pressure that instigated the Durham investigation continued ?

Save    
Ann

The combination of this news and the news of 27 phones from the Mueller team wiped of data has me both curious and intrigued.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Yes, what is it with the HC people and wiping phones and computers? You'd think the had something to cover up. Oh wait...

2 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Deflection rejected.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"The combination of this news and the news of 27 phones from the Mueller team wiped of data has me both curious and intrigued."

Me too. What a coincidence!

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

"Wiping data" of cell phones used by "lovers" (as trump calls them) Lisa Page and Peter Strozek and others including Mueller himself? Judicial Watch is right on that:

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/mueller-team-phones/

Investigating the investigators to see what they knew and when they knew is just what Trump needs to keep claiming that the entire Mueller investigation was a hoax.

How about Trump release his tax returns this time around ? How about we get Don Jr's cell phone to see who he called to set up the meeting with Russians to discuss getting dirt on Hilary Clinton?

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Nor sure how Fox is linking these two events but clearly they must be. As for wiping phones, if they are government property intended for reuse it is hardly unusual that they be wiped. I say "if" because I have no information on this and am not interested in spending any time on it.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

There's a big problem with all this suspicion around hillary and the dnc servers and all: the russians hacked the dnc and got hold of thousands and thousands of emails all unbeknownst to the dnc. And what was the result? Where were the big illegal deals being revealed? Where were all the child trafficking rings? The murders? The pay to play? The involvement with china or russia or any other nefarious actors? Nothing. Nada.

If there were a bombshell scandal coming out of them, we certainly would've heard of it at the time or since. But nothing. There's no there there...it's all so white bread and boring and licit.

Even without hacks and publications of emails out of the trump campaign, we have felons and dealings with russian spies and fraud and illegal use of campaign funds and pay to play and more. trump&co are dirty up the wazoo. That's how they do business ... it's SOP for them.

3 Likes Save    
bfox254

This is all meant to change the conversation. Trump and friends would love the public and the press to be chasing some phantom story of illegal acts related to the Meuller investigation. Anything to distract from Trump's mishandling of the pandemic and his derogatory comments about veterans.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

"if they are government property intended for reuse it is hardly unusual"

LOL!

1 Like Save    
Ann

Probably that and entering the password wrong too many times just sums up this little story. Or, maybe they borrowed Hillary's cloth?

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Corporate phones are regularly cleaned of data when returned by an employee. Not a hard concept to understand when phones are regularly reassigned, not saying that is the case here. No doubt we will find that data germane to the investigation, assuming there was any, was moved to a secured server, or some such thing, before being wiped.

I understand the need for a shiny object but anyone with half a brain would know that Barr would have been on this from the git go if this was the least bit significant.

To have it become an "issue" nearly 18 months later and 50 some days before an election and at a time when Trump is up to his proverbial in negative news is a bit suspect.

Maybe it will turn into something but I suspect it is yet again another Republican nothing burger meant to distract.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

IIRC, our rw friends here were carping about the length of the mueller investigation even though it was spinning off indictment after indictment and led to felony arrests and trials. They were carping about the money it was costing even though Mueller *made* money due to the sizable fines against the perps involved.

I don't hear them carping at all about the durham report which is already approaching 18 months long with nothing to show for it nor how expensive it may become.

1 Like Save    
heri_cles

They want Mueller's phone calls/ data? Really?

This is bizarre.

Save    
Nana H

Heri, they need a shiny object so this will do. Expect lots of shiny objects in the coming weeks.

Funny thing is the only ones who chase the shiny object are already unquestioningly loyal to Trump. That is what is bizarre, total loyalty to a politician , one who must be listened to, followed blindly and can never do wrong.......that is nuts in a Democracy.

Save    
bleusblue2

The Upcoming Durham Report, Election Interference and Other Bill Barr Abuses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIeTp8U5_Ng

Glenn Kirschner on youtube (40 min -- or 20 min in)

He speaks specifically about the Durham Report 21 minutes in if you want to skip to that -- but I don't know why you'd want to. He lays out Bill Barr's criminality very clearly. He is not afraid to say that the head of the Department of Justice is "an abject criminal" and wonders if he has Trump's pardon in his back pocket -- why else would he so blatantly disregard the law?

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz Don’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
Life How to Outsmart Backyard Critters
Learn to think like a raccoon, skunk or squirrel to keep your home safe and your garden intact
Full Story
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Rustic Space Opens to Herb and Vegetable Gardens
Well-chosen recycled and repurposed features create a North Carolina cottage kitchen with a distinctive look and personality
Full Story