SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elmerjfudd

Learning from mistakes

Elmer J Fudd
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I wanted to not redirect comments in the 9/11 thread. This thread contains my thoughts:

The 9/11 attacks were vile, cowardly and inhuman acts of deranged and misguided persons. Fueled by religious extremism at its worst. heinous murders of innocent civilians.

These were not the first attacks against the US carried out by such people who, while misled and lied to, had been pawns whipped into uncontrolled hatred against our country. The excuse used as propaganda and mind-control by the extremist religious leaders being US actions and unbalanced policies in their region.

This isn't a political statement. While our conduct in no way justified the ugly attacks, our conduct hasn't changed. US administrations of both parties have failed to show leadership for change. Nor have any leaders spoken out or acted effectively against religious extremism, which we have within our own borders and which can be found fomenting hatred in followers of all religions .

We need to learn from our mistakes. If not, I fear attacks will continue to happen.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County