SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shayna_jackson

Ideas for a strange corner of front porch?

Shayna Jackson
3 years ago

My house has a detached garage and a covered walkway to access the house which is perpendicular to the front porch. There is a corner of the front porch that is blocked from view by the garage and bumps up against the covered walkway. It has structures on two sides and is partly blocked off on the other two so it is somewhat courtyard-like, but is more claustrophobic than charming. I'm looking for ideas on uses or decorating for this corner.

Any views are blocked by the garage, so it's not ideal as a seating area although there is space for it. The structures on 3/4 sides of it block some of the direct sunlight, so it's not ideal for plants but it's not impossible either. We have some good outdoor space with this house, so we aren't desperate to make this space serve a function. Since it is visible to guests who come in through our front door, we just want to it look nice and less of a weird dead end that is kind of creepy at night (we know better lighting will help with this, but we are putting that off until we know what else we are doing with the space).

Any ideas, from simple porch decorations to unique outdoor spaces I may not have thought of, would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (4)