SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopreh

Should I use 3x12 or 4x12 for tub walls, what sz vanity and countertop

Becky H
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Update with pictures! We went with 4 x 16 tile! Thank you to all who responded!

We are gutting our hall bathroom. Bought a 1960 ranch home on an acre. House is original in need of major remodel our first project is the hall bathroom. We like traditional, farmhouse look. I can’t decide between the 3 x 12 or the 4 x 12 white subway daltile from HD. I know the bigger the tile the less grout lines. I like both just can’t decide. Should I go with a light gray grout delorean gray Or keep it white? All vanities and cabinets will be custom shaker painted alabaster. Should I do a 72” vanity with 2 sinks or a 60” vanity with 1 sink centered. Possible wall color will be sea salt. Shampoo nich will be large on back wall with angora herringbone. Floor is rustic bay tile from HD. I’ve included picture of current bathroom it’s being gutted this weekend. The color board is painted alabaster with the floor tile, wall tile and trim pieces and Taj Mahal countertop probably won’t use that. I’ve included a pic of a remnant but they don’t know what it’s called but it looks good with the floor. Thank you for any input!

Comments (49)