SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeeyon_lee

How much money should I use for the backyard of my rental house?

Jeeyon Lee
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, I just moved into my new rental house. It has a private backyard and caring backyard is tenant’s responsibility. It seems that it has not been cared by formal tenants. No grass just a dirt with weeds. I found one water hose but no irrigation system. I have 5 years old son so I want to make this space grassy that he can enjoy playing this place. I met one landscape guy and he said it would take around 1,500 dollars for making all the ground flat ( I forgot the terminology that he used), installing watering system and seed the grass. The price increases up to 2,500 dollars in case of using rolls. I wonder it is reasonable to spend this amount of money for rental house. I’m planning to stay here at least 2-3 years so I definitely don’t want to let this space uncared. But at the same time, I don’t want to spend unreasonable money for my rental house. I‘m not good at gardening and don’t have enough times for taking care of plants so I think planting grass is the easiest way that I can choose.. but I don’t have that many experiences so don’t know well. Can you guys give me any advices?? Thank you in advance! :)

Comments (19)