Well Mr. Bonespurs avoids the draft.

mrskjun(9)

"Trump haters can laugh all they want at Trump’s “bone spurs,” the reason behind his 1-Y classification, but snickers and cheap shots don’t contradict a bone spur diagnosis. It’s not like Trump was out running marathons at the time.

But there was Slow Joe playing football in high school, playing even more sports in college, and qualifying as a lifeguard, all while claiming to suffer the debilitating asthma that meant someone else would have to take his place in Vietnam."

https://newspunch.com/joe-biden-avoided-vietnam-draft-because-asthma/

SaveComment20Like2
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

NewsPunch is a Los Angeles-based fake news website known for spreading conspiracy theories, political misinformation and hoaxes

15 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Lock him up!

4 Likes Save    
leona_2008

trump is still corrupt as aitch-e-double-toothpicks and never did anything altruistic in his life. Oh, and he's a lowlife too.

10 Likes Save    
Toby

Trump played sports in high school.

Trump’s declarations of his baseball stardom can be traced back to
2004. In Brian Kilmeade’s collection "The Games Do Count: America’s Best
and Brightest on the Power of Sports," Trump contributed a
chapter describing the connection between his experience playing high
school baseball and his success in the business world.

“I was supposed to be a pro baseball player,” Trump wrote. “At
the New York Military Academy, I was captain of the baseball team. I
worked hard like everyone else, but I had good talent.”

Interestingly, in the same chapter, Trump added, “People asked me
if I worked hard in sports. I didn’t. I loved it too much to call it
work.” Then, explaining why he left baseball behind, he wrote, “I never
played baseball after that because there was just no future in it for
me. I would have had to have done it just for the love of the game, and
that just wasn’t for me.”

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/07/donald-trump-penn-baseball-football-squash-fordham-sats-bob-seddon

At age 22, he had already received four deferments to complete his college degree. He passed his military physical but two years later, he was diagnosed with bone spurs and received his fifth deferment.

The doctor who helped him get his deferment claimed he did it as a favor to Fred Trump, his landlord, according to the doctor's daughters.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/26/us/politics/trump-vietnam-draft-exemption.html

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

NewsPunch is a Los Angeles-based fake news website known for spreading conspiracy theories, political misinformation and hoaxes

We have all persuasions here -- including the loopy hard right.

4 Likes Save    
Toby

BTW, that's not "Mr. Bonespurs" when referring to Trump. It's Confederate Cadet Bonespurs.

15 Likes Save    
elvis

So...Joe had childhood asthma, recovered enough to play some pretty intense sports, then relapsed just in time for avoiding the draft. Got it!

Biden attended the Archmere Academy in Claymont,[9]:27, 32 where he was a standout halfback and wide receiver on the high school football team; he helped lead a perennially losing team to an undefeated season in his senior year.[18][21] He played on the baseball team as well.[18] Academically, he was a poor student...Biden played halfback for the Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens freshman football team, and defensive back for the varsity team.[21][21][24

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden#Early_life_(1942%E2%80%931965)

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Asthma leaves scars on the lungs and depending on how much damage there was you can indeed end up with a military deferment even though you seem fine. Even when you are not looking for a deferment. I know some one who.....

11 Likes Save    
maddie260

Not so quick there. My oldest brother received a legitimate deferment during Vietnam due to having one leg 1/4 inch shorter than the other- due to a broken femur as a teenager. As the war progressed, no such deferments were available. It became known as the 'poor man's war' to fight. I'm inclined to agree that Biden's deferment is real, dt's not at all. dt couldn't remember the foot; the daughters of the doctor who 'diagnosed' the bone spurs gave the true story to the press.

ETA: my brother wasn't particularly looking for one at the time. He didn't ask for the deferment.

4 Likes Save    
deegw

The one positive of the Trump presidency is that any transgression by the next dem president will pale in comparison to Trump. Divorces, affairs, draft-dodging, thousands of lies, bankruptcies, weeks on the golf course, misusing charity money, mocking veterans and disabled, punching down on twitter, etc. Trump is a treasure trove of whataboutism fodder.

12 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

....but snickers and cheap shots don’t contradict a bone spur diagnosis

A bought and paid for diagnosis does not equal actually having bone spurs. *snicker*

10 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Trump is history in 8 weeks.

6 Likes Save    
Nana H

Heri, from your lips to God' s ears.

5 Likes Save    
HU-400972298

Trump is President until January 20, 2021, win or lose November 3.

Or however long Democrats plan to drag out the election.

2 Likes Save    
paprikash

Breathless and clueless Joe

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

The attempts to undermine Joe Biden are laughable, since almost every one of them is a faint echo of something Mr. Trump has done, and others are outright falsity.

6 Likes Save    
paprikash

Joe Bidense is laughable. Poor demented Joe.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

LOL.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

How old was trump when he was getting his bone spurs deferments?

He's definitely a rare duck!

Save    
Toby

He was 22.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz TV Favorites Houzz Tour: A Home Built for Lego Play
Candy colored and classically inspired, this remodeled Seattle home combines the best of past and present
Full Story
Life Oh Yeah, There’s a Snake in the House
A Houzz contributor lives through her worst nightmare and comes out the other side with lessons learned and new footwear
Full Story
Decorating Guides Decorating 101: How to Start a Decorating Project
Before you grab that first paint chip, figure out your needs, your decorating style and what to get rid of
Full Story