Move over “ Austere Religious Leader” NYT beclowns itself

Tito Milian

The leftist anarchist who executed a Trump supporter in cold blood after his posse targeted the victim, was akshually a “ de-escalation expert “.

“The New York Times did a write-up on the death of Michael Reinoehl (see Details of ‘100% Antifa’ Portland Shooter’s Death Emerge) after he was killed in a shoot-out with U.S. Marshals last night. Reinoehl is the murderer who shot an unarmed Trump supporter in cold blood in Portland last Saturday. How the Times describes him is just incredible.

Oh, so he’s just a “de-escalation” expert. That’s why he hunted down and shot a guy at point blank range over a political disagreement, and one what wasn’t even stated out loud. Reinoehl targeted a man simply because of what he assumed about that person’s politics. No expert in “de-escalation” does that, yet the Times repeats that nonsense with no push back.“

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/09/04/the-new-york-times-does-insane-white-wash-of-the-portland-murderer-call-him-de-escalation-expert/

SaveComment6Like1
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tito Milian

Too bad. Reioelh could have had a career as a re-imagined, police social worker.

1 Like Save    
Bookwoman(7a PA)

I'm confused. Unless I missed it, nowhere in that article do they actually link to the NYTimes. I just see a lot of tweets, and I'm not inclined to click on every one. Here's the latest that the Times has to say about him:

Mr. Reinoehl, a father of two from a Portland suburb, had said he was an Army veteran. He had been a familiar face at the protests for weeks, and described himself in posts on social media as an anti-fascist activist. He also previously described providing “security” at the protests.

“I am 100% ANTIFA all the way!” he posted on Instagram in June, referencing the loose collection of activists that have mobilized to oppose what they see as fascism or racism. That same post was also laced with violent messages.

“We truly have an opportunity right now to fix everything,” he wrote. “But it will be a fight like no other! It will be a war and like all wars there will be casualties.”

In an interview with Vice News, published earlier on Thursday, Mr. Reinoehl appeared to admit to the shooting of Mr. Danielson, and said he believed he had acted in self-defense.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/04/us/michael-forest-reinoehl-portland.html

Save    
elvis

Bookwoman(7a PA)

I'm confused. Unless I missed it, nowhere in that article do they actually link to the NYTimes.

This will enlighten, BW.

Well, Reinoehl certainly de-escalated Danielson. Here come the murals with angel wings.

Reese Monson, a leader in the local protest movement who also helps organize security, said all the people who helped with security in Portland, including Mr. Reinoehl, were trained on de-escalation.

“He was excellent at that,” Mr. Monson said.

Mr. Monson said the security designees have been trained to approach potential agitators and politely ask them to leave. They have also been trained on how to conduct physical removals but are cautioned to try to avoid such measures because they can cause situations to escalate. Mr. Monson said Mr. Reinoehl would often come over to discuss how to handle potential agitators appropriately.

“He was literally a guardian angel,” said Teal Lindseth, one of the main organizers of the Portland protests. “He would protect you no matter what.” Early on Friday, Ms. Lindseth spray-painted a tribute to Mr. Reinoehl on the street in front of the police precinct where demonstrators were gathered. “Long Live Mike,” she wrote, “the best ally ever.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/us/michael-reinoehl-arrest-portland-shooting.html

Save    
Bookwoman(7a PA)

Thanks, elvis. I'm still confused as to why this paints the newspaper in a bad light. They quote the police, and then they quote Mr. Reinhoel's supporters. Some of the tweets were complaining that the Times had removed 'antifa' from his description, and yet there it is in the very first sentence of the article.

2 Likes Save    
foodonastump

“Beclowns”

Thanks, I was 99% sure, just needed that bump to get to 100%.

2 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

If they want de-escalation experts, I suggest they hire people who have spent time in UN peacekeeping missions across the world. People who have spent time standing in a line between two parties that have spent hundreds of years killing each other. People who also know that they cannot allow an outbreak of violence, keep the two sides apart, and also know if they, themselves, are the ones to open fire, even in self defense, they will cause an international incident and possibly even a war.

Now THOSE people are properly trained on de-escalation.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Small Homes Houzz Tour: Sustainable, Comfy Living in 196 Square Feet
Solar panels, ship-inspired features and minimal possessions make this tiny Washington home kind to the earth and cozy for the owners
Full Story
We work together from the beginning; it’s a partnership in every way. Commitment to this process and achieving... Read More
Making a difference on a local level is what guides our mission at PHASE2 BUILDERS. Since 2004 we have been... Read More