SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

It finally dawned on me.....

Jasdip
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm reluctant to join any groups or go out socially on a regular basis. I guess I've always been one to prefer just a couple of people close to me, I'm not a social butterfly at all. And more-so in the past number of years, when hubby and I preferred hanging out at home with each other. Of course we'd go out, we weren't hermits, but we truly enjoyed each just other's company.

I've been asked if I'd like to join a widow/widowers group but I'm not ready for that yet. I don't like talking about myself anyway, and I'm not good with small-talk with a group of strangers. Yet I can meet someone, start talking and become friends, such as my latest friend who I started chatting with about her car :-D

I work evenings on the phone. My job entails a lot of talking, with barely enough time to take a drink between calls. For the most part I like what I do; I love not having to work with other people! It helps that I regularly get compliments on my phone etiquette, friendliness, enunciation, etc etc. I got 3 this week again, from the people I was talking to, they said they enjoyed speaking with me. I even get job offers! LOL

Soooo 5 hours of non-stop talking, my tongue gets tired!

I love my weekend evenings......enjoy a glass of wine with my dinner and hunker down to stream tv shows. I don't want to get dressed up to go out, I'm not a late-owl either. Perhaps if I didn't have a job at all, or just spent my job talking and nothing else, things would be different. That may or may not be it, but it just dawned on me this morning.

Comments (16)