JOE IS TAKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!

Ann

Right now - wow! I've only seen one question so far. I'm watching.

SaveComment206Like
Comments (206)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Will Joe call a woman reporter "Nasty" for her question? Stay Tuned!

6 Likes Save    
Nana H

My oh my, how refreshing. Full sentences spoken calmly and respectfully..and most importantly ...honestly.

9 Likes Save    
Ann

Oh my - is my feeling too! He's really struggling with his speaking today and his tone is either whispery creepy or angry.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Creepy or angry...did I miss Joe saying "Nasty?

Save    
Stars Inthesky

Ann, you must be watching trump. Biden is spot on!

3 Likes Save    
Ann

No, no, no - I didn't say that or I said that but meant this instead:)

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Good that Joe is correcting the record, unlike donald who doubles down on his past ignorant comments.

9 Likes Save    
Ann

"hostile question" - lol Joe. You'll run across a lot tougher questions than you'll get from Doocy if you start doing this often.

1 Like Save    
Stars Inthesky

Joe Biden is so presidential and calming, unlike the loon in the white house.

9 Likes Save    
Gizmo

Well, besides the aforementioned 'nasty', alert me when Joe needs 2 hands to handle a glass of water, slurs his speech, snorts, leans on/steadies himself against his lectern, walks off in a huff when asked a hard question, drags his foot, or needs assistance when leaving the podium because the walkway was too slick

15 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Joe is an American's American.

9 Likes Save    
Nana H

Thought he was great. Thoughtful, respectful....full thoughts with concrete examples, wide ranging, well informed. Most importantly it was all about the American people not about Joe Biden. No wild conspiracy theories and lies...a very solid speech and good Q and A if you focused on content and substance not his occasional stutter.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"if you focused on content and subnstance not his occasional stutter"

If his strong eye blinks and facial expression weren't so dramatic when he stutters, it would be easier to not focus on his stutter.

Save    
Ann

"Most importantly it was all about the American people not about Joe Biden"

It was mostly about Trump, but each is certainly going after their opponent.

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Where are you people finding Joe answering questions? Not on my TV that I can find.

Glad to hear he is handling the questions well. Of course he would.

Kate

1 Like Save    
Nana H

No it wasn't.......it was about what needs to be done about the issues facing America. The fact that Trump isn't doing any of it can't be ignored and is fair ball.

At least Biden is going after Trump on the issues not insults, lies and conspiracy theories.

5 Likes Save    
Nana H

Kate, it was after a speech he gave on education. I saw the speech and the Q&A on CNN.

1 Like Save    
Toby

I didn't watch it but what you call a stutter is a mumble or a slurring of a few words together. It's just how his mouth works and not age-related or cognitive. Maybe it's a remainder of when he stuttered as a child.

So that's what you got out of it, Ann? Eye blinks? I'm not surprised.

6 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

For someone who enjoys watching Trump speak, & it is no surprise to me, watching Joe could be challenging.

2 Likes Save    
AITG

What I've found so far.

ETA from the article-

"Mr. President, where are you? Where are you? Why aren't you working on this?" Biden said. "Mr. President, that's your job."

"Get off Twitter and start talking to congressional leaders in the Oval Office," Biden said. "You always talk about your ability to negotiate. Negotiate a deal -- a deal for somebody other than yourself."

7 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

If his strong eye blinks and facial expression weren't so dramatic when he stutters, it would be easier to not focus on his stutter.

I haven't been watching but, as someone who listens often to a stutterer, eye blinks and the facial expressions as someone is working to get their words out is usual. We, whose words come out with no work, can't imagine a stutterer's plight. Can't think of any other way to reply to the aforementioned comment except "no duh".

11 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Gizmo, you forgot lies, excess superlatives, cutting himself off mi-sentence and repeating.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

"We, whose words come out with no work, can't imagine a stutterer's plight."

Sorta like how some white people can't imagine the real life situations Blacks face, or the poor, or the uninsured sick......their perspective is based totally on their world. Their reality is their bubble and they don't open that bubble up to the real lives of others.

9 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Thanks for the info, Nana.

Kate

Save    
AITG

"If his strong eye blinks and facial expression weren't so dramatic when he stutters, it would be easier to not focus on his stutter."

Makes me remember Ken's revenge in the movie A Fish Called Wanda.

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

I just finished watching this brutal video of Biden’s early days. The man is an idiot, a somewhat likable idiot but an idiot just the same. When I was done watching the vid his press conference came on. I’m still dumbfounded that the dem’s put this man forward for President. Now he has Alzheimer’s so I can’t call him an idiot because it’s just too sad. He wasn’t at all convincing on anything he was speaking of.

Poor Joe!

Joe’s lying and cheating in his own words.

https://youtu.be/_f2Z30j61aw

Save    
Gizmo

socks(10a)

Gizmo, you forgot lies, excess superlatives, cutting himself off mi-sentence and repeating.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tks - fingers started cramping. ;-)

Save    
Iris GW

I’m still dumbfounded that the dem’s put this man forward for President.

And yet Trump is held up as a shining example of leadership? I am still dumbfounded about that.

7 Likes Save    
Ann

"I haven't been watching but, as someone who listens often to a stutterer, eye blinks and the facial expressions as someone is working to get their words out is usual."

Yeah, I read this in an article about Joe and stuttering.

Save    
Iris GW

Joe has Alzheimer’s!

And Trump has dementia. And I think he might need a heart (or at least an empathy gene) too.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

No way does Biden have dementia!

Save    

DHS withheld July intelligence bulletin calling out Russian attack on Biden’s mental health

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5988127/dhs-withheld-intel-calling-out-russian-attack-on-bidens-mental-health#n=20

1 Like Save    
Ann

Nana: "Sorta like how some white people can't imagine the real life situations Blacks face, or the poor, or the uninsured sick......their perspective is based totally on their world. Their reality is their bubble and they don't open that bubble up to the real lives of others."

Hmmm, weird "white people" "race" comment IMO.

Save    
Nana H

Not that weird if one has any real awarness of the discriminatory issues others face whether it is a phsyical issue like stuttering or racial discrimination.

Save    
AITG

So foreign influence is bad then?

At least we agree on something.

Save    

No, I agree, he has Alzheimer’s.

Dementia is one of the defining characteristics of Alzheimer's.

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Alzheimer’s is a specific disease. Dementia is not.

Nancy, Dementia is a general term used for decline.

Save    
Joaniepoanie

JTL: we did not know you were a neurologist. Meanwhile, here’s just a sampling of your guy:

alien DNA and demon sperm

people in dark shadows

Campbell soup

people on planes in dark uniforms

Thighland

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

4 Likes Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Your thinking is bazaar! Watch the Biden vid, if you dare.

Save    
lurker111

Are some people trying to pretend that joe isn't senile? lolol! Good luck with that.

3 Likes Save    
Gizmo

usterrilynn(10)

I just thought she couldn’t keep up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well we know Trump couldn't keep up w/the older Biden

We've seen Biden running, if rumours are true, when Trump isn't crapping into his Depends because of an Adderall addiction, the only place Trump runs to is the potty.

Cheap Gossip

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Lurker, is that the one where she had to duck from the snipers?

1 Like Save    
olliesmom

I haven't listened to his interview yet, but I would think anyone running for President, should not even have a stuttering problem. If someone has stuttering under complete control, okay, but he has a stuttering problem PLUS Dementia, so that is even worse. I have heard both, his stuttering and his confused thoughts are not that of a normal healthy man that should be running for President of the United States of America!

Save    
Nana H

"I would think anyone running for President, should not even have a stuttering problem."

Really? Just SMH.......

7 Likes Save    
lurker111

Lurker, is that the one where she had to duck from the snipers?

According to her many lies. yes.

1 Like Save    
deegw

Gee, it looks like Joe didn't change the minds of any Trump fans about their vote. What a surprise! /s

4 Likes Save    
cattyles

Joe’s speech and Q&A were really good. I liked his plans and agreed with his answers. I bet Kenosha is looking forward to seeing him.

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

lolol

1 Like Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Lurk, I remember the film on that. It was funny, everyone looked relaxed and happy like they were meeting up for cocktails.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

I have quite a few questions for old joe. So does most of the country.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"I haven't listened to his interview yet, but I would think anyone running for President, should not even have a stuttering problem."

I knew nothing about Joe's stuttering until this election cycle. In fact, when it became apparent and people started discussing his lifelong stuttering problem, I googled many a video from Biden's years in politics. There was no stuttering problem. So, while he might have stuttered as a child (I don't know about that), he didn't for most of his adult years. Clearly, he has quite an issue with it now!

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Lurker, obviously you have no kids. That video is solid gold comedy.

What video?

Save    
olliesmom

Does SlowJoe even know what remote learning is?? He's saying it, but I can't imagine he even knows, the man who thinks we should play the record player for our kids now.

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

Kind of sad, the sound people have to cover-up old Trump's farts.

When they say Trump is winded and full of hot air....it's not from his mouth.

Save    
olliesmom

Ann, true, I never noticed stuttering in the past either. Is this so-called stuttering fake, to cover up his Dementia?

Save    
Ann

Olliesmom, I've certainly wondered the same thing but he claims he stuttered as a child.

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Gizmo said fart. Hehe

Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Ann, I think the stuttering thing was maybe Biden lying again. He’s telling porky pie’s to cover for all the gaffes.

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

olliesmom

Does SlowJoe even know what remote learning is?? He's saying it, but I can't imagine he even knows, the man who thinks we should play the record player for our kids now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I guess you don't know, record players and vinyl

records are very popular with Millennial's' and younger people - so it just goes to show you how in tune Joe is.

Trump would be talking about 8-Tracks or the Victrola . LOL

The Surprising Comeback of Vinyl Records

https://www.statista.com/chart/7699/lp-sales-in-the-united-states/

Save    
cattyles

But Ann, we didn’t have to make anything up or exaggerate to denigrate trump. The only problem with denigrating trump came from finding the time to do it thoroughly. We usually had to settle for just the highlights.

7 Likes Save    
lurker111

Trump would be talking about 8-Tracks or the Victrola . LOL

Stick with the fart jokes.

Save    
Nana H

Biden has talked about his challenges with stuttering for years. The not so coy reference to porky pig is something I would expect from Trump , the ridiclue and the insults. Then again to admire Trump requires one to hold the same values.

8 Likes Save    
AITG

"Clearly, he has quite an issue with it now!"

He's only running for president.

No pressure there.

In the future, If Joe starts stuttering as our CIC, I think it will be far easier to interpret than the word salads of the current occupant.

5 Likes Save    
deegw

Choose your favorite search engine.

Choose a date range. Pre-2018 results would disprove the theory that the stutter is a fake affliction being used as campaign cover-up

type keywords: Biden stutter

Choose a result.

Here is one to get you started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYWwsjLABo

VP Joe Biden delivers heartfelt speech on stuttering at AIS Gala

•Jun 17, 2016

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I would think anyone running for President, should not even have a stuttering problem.

First of all, why not? It's not a sign of intellectual deficiency at all. If a stutterer has the capacity to do the job, then what's the problem? Jack Welch, former CEO of GE who was voted by Business Week to be CEO of the Century was a stutterer. I'd rather have a stutterer in charge who is up to the job, than a nonstutterer who isn't.

Rather that comment is a sign of a lack of tolerance, understanding and compassion for others and what they are dealing with through no fault of their own...yet the dems are the party of hate and intolerance, right?

10 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

This is not a stutter...this is a problem with his brain not making the right verbal connections:

3 Likes Save    
Ann

"He's only running for president.

No pressure there."

Yes he is running for president and yes there is pressure - but he shouldn't be running if he can't handle the pressure of the job and as we've watched him sheltering in his basement, many are certainly wondering if he still can handle that kind of pressure!!! I truly think he's only emerging because the polls have tightened and he has no choice but to emerge. He wasn't going to go anywhere until after Labor Day and, suddenly, he feels the need to travel. After all, as Wallace pointed out Sunday when questioning the Biden campaign person, the science hasn't changed in a week:)

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

I would think anyone running for President, should not even have a stuttering problem.

What an awful thing to say.

As for the pressure, I think he absolutely can handle it and he'll do it much better than thin-skinned Trump. Biden knows when to pull in experts and when to listen ... and check his ego at the door.

12 Likes Save    
AITG

@ Ann

I think you might be overthinking it a bit, but you're entitled to your opinion.

1 Like Save    
roxsol

This is what Captain Sullenberger had to say about anyone who mocks those who have had a problem with stuttering. (He stuttered as a child)

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/21/sully-tells-lara-trump-show-some-decency-after-she-appears-to-mock-joe-bidens-stutter/amp/?client=safari

Excerpt

Sullenberger decried the “culture of cruelty” represented by Lara Trump’s remarks. He emphasized it could be detrimental to the self-esteem of children with speech impediments to hear the daughter-in-law of the president ridiculing another public figure who stutters.

“What might a child who stutters, as I did, feel when they hear a grown-up on a public stage trying to make a bunch of other adults laugh by ridiculing a public figure who also stutters?” Sullenberger wrote. He said that people who lack “decency” and who can’t refrain from ridiculing others “have no place in public life.”

Sullenberger also wrote how he worked hard to overcome his stutter and said it didn’t stop him from pursuing his dreams of becoming a pilot and eventually joining the Air Force. It also didn’t stop him from safely landing his plane in the Hudson River in January 2009. “My words came out with precision and control, even in the stress of a life-threatening emergency,” he wrote.

8 Likes Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Awww, don’t be that way. We are just excited because the gap has closed. It’s only going to get better!!!

2 Likes Save    
cattyles

Thank you, Rox. The cruel can sneer if they want. We know that Joe helped a young boy that also stutters. It’s like an alien concept to the trump culture.

7 Likes Save    
justerrilynn(10)

Nope, we do nice things daily. We just don’t brag about it.

1 Like Save    
AITG

" the gap has closed"

HUH?

Elaborate please.

2 Likes Save    
AITG

"Nope, we do nice things daily. We just don’t brag about it."

Ya just did.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

joe was a joke as obama's vp. He was know as a drunk, but it was his mind failing. Everyone knew it.

Save    
AITG

...and they all lived happily ever after.

Save    
socks(10a)

I'll take a dignified man who loves America, stutters a little, over Putin's puppet, that lying cheat we are stuck with for now.

6 Likes Save    
lurker111

lol

Are you referring to biden? lolol

1 Like Save    
AITG

A vote for trump is a vote for vlad.

5 Likes Save    
justerrilynn(10)

A vote for Biden is a vote for Li Keqiang.

2 Likes Save    
AITG

IDTS

Save    
lurker111

A vote for biden is money in hunter's pocket.

3 Likes Save    
AITG

Is he still in Ukraine?

I honestly haven't kept up.

Save    
Kathy

Ivanka is touring GM today. Why? Who is she and why is she wasting so many peoples time? Oh that’s right, money in her pocket. Trump Nepotism.

5 Likes Save    
AITG

4 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

So Biden didn't call anyone Nasty. Did he say...You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier?

4 Likes Save    
AITG

Watch and find out.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Remember when Trump got a question he didn't like and terminated the Q&A session? Was it more than once?

2 Likes Save    
HU-400972298

Biden "clarified" is former comments about locking down the country and it made no sense. Bless his heart.

It was just another flip flop.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

So there you have it, folks. Vote for Trump because Biden stutters.

2 Likes Save    
barncatz

Well, if enunciation is the disqualifier, I'm sure not voting for the guy who said "God bless the United Shtates".

8 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

I am going to agree with vgkg, you got nothing.

Dementia is the category, Alzheimer's is a kind of Dementia. If you dont think I am right look it up. Donald Trump's father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and that makes his problems more likely to be the same but it could just be drug abuse. That he has some cognitive disorder cant be disputed. It could be a combination but when his tongue starts tangling with his teeth you know there is a problem.

Russia is pushing the scenario that Biden has Alzheimer's. I wonder why? No evidence what so ever except that they have to distract from Trumps oh so obvious problems.

5 Likes Save    
paprikash

Bidense and Trump are about the same age BUT Joe looks like a decrepit old man compared to Trump. Bidense is frail and weak — cannot imagine him CIC of anything

Save    
dandyfopp

Yeah that's why Donnie is having such troubles with ramps.

6 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Trump's lack of empathy and kindness seems to have trickled down to many of his supporters who know nothing about stuttering and what a difficult and embarrassing (for the person who has it) speech issue it is. Mel Tillis discovered he lost his stutter when he sang. He struggled throughout his life when he spoke. It takes an immense amount of concentration to overcome a stutter every time one opens his/her mouth to speak. Nice job making fun of him. Please don't bother posting how really kind you are in your life. Anyone who can comment about a disability the way some here have is, by definition, neither kind nor empathetic.

10 Likes Save    
Toby

I agree with justerrilyn. This thread is bazaar!

7 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Trump a brilliant man? Yeah, he’s a regular Einstein.

Person Woman Man Camera TV

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

“ This thread is bazaar!“

Yes, it’s a veritable market of nonsense about Biden.

13 Likes Save    
Nana H

Paprikash check out what your armed forces think of their CIC. ...it's not good.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/5986942/trump-s-approval-amongst-the-military-drops-below-50#n=29

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

She also said he has dementia which is not true. Biden does not have dementia.

4 Likes Save    
Toby

The difference is that Biden doesn't court their vote like Trump courts the white supremacists' vote. Every right wing extremist group, and there are dozens of them, supports Trump.

Answer that.

Save    
olliesmom

Why does his staff pick the questions he answers?? So, handpicked questions.

It is very strange how everyone seems to baby him. I’ve never seen anything like it!

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

You obviously never saw Trump interviewed.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

"It is very strange how everyone seems to baby him. I’ve never seen anything like it!"

I agree!!!! He is super babied and super fragile! Just imagine if he was covered negatively and not babied.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Just imagine if he was covered negatively and not babied.

!?!!?

Sleepy joe...he's demented...he's a puppet....he's going to die and is just a place holder for kamala and the deep state to get in there...corruption with hunter...he's a radical socialist...he's a satanist...he's going to shut down the suburbs and move gangs into your neighborhoods...he's responsible for all this destruction in our cities...he and obama are responsible for the "russia hoax"...he's not going to let anyone go to church any more...he's going to eliminate all the police...he's sending planes full of armed antifa coming to a city near you...

Didn't you watch the RNC???

Let alone all the qanon stuff where they're running cannibalistic child trafficking rings in pizza parlors....

6 Likes Save    
cattyles

It’s bait, Annie.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Why does his staff pick the questions he answers?? So, handpicked questions.

Hey, why does Trump leave a presser when he doesn't like the questions?

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

"Why does his staff pick the questions he answers?? So, handpicked questions."

Apparently asked by someone who did not watch the speech or the Q&A but likely got their talking points from RW Media pundits.

It is very common for staff to call on reporters for questions. It is done to ensure a wide range of reporters are selected. They are sometimes pre-selected from a list but the reporters do NOT provide their questions first.

Save    
AITG

" why does Trump leave a presser when he doesn't like the questions?"

Because actually answering them would make it worse on him, and he knows it.

3 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

I agree!!!! He is super babied and super fragile! Just imagine if he was covered negatively and not babied.

I believe that was what happened to Trump during the 2016 election, and he moved from being babied by the press to being babied by the GOP.

Talk about fragile, there is a reason Trump is covered negatively, because most of what he does and tweets deserves to be challenged by any sane media outlet.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

Yes he is running for president and yes there is pressure - but he shouldn't be running if he can't handle the pressure of the job and as we've watched him sheltering in his basement, many are certainly wondering if he still can handle that kind of pressure!!!

-Trump is unravelling before our eyes, cities are protesting under his leadership and his response is to attack not calm the unrest.

-The POTUS is advocating breaking the voting law "to test the system" instead of finding concrete ways of protecting that system and instilling voter confidence.

- He drones on with films of Bidens America, when in fact those pictures are of Trump's America.

-In the face of a pandemic he peddles quack cures.

- He rambles on about toilets, water pressure in shower heads and dishwashers, and I could go on and on.

Sure, Trump is handling the pressure just fine.

He is strangely silent on the Russia scandal of Putin poisoning yet another opponent, why is that do you suppose?

2 Likes Save    
ronminsouthga

Joe’s speech and Q&A were really good. I liked his plans and agreed with his answers. I bet Kenosha is looking forward to seeing him.

Oh, please show us videos of the crowds at the airport and along the streets of Kenosha when Joe gets there.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Quotes are really useful when quoting. (As far as I know all keyboards have them.) There are other ways of marking quotes.

What is this obsession among some TrumpFans with 'likes' and 'followers' & crowd size (especially during a pandemic).

Save    
Ann

"It is very common for staff to call on reporters for questions. It is done to ensure a wide range of reporters are selected. They are sometimes pre-selected from a list but the reporters do NOT provide their questions first."

What leads you to believe any of this is true? Trump has been president for 4 years and do you see his staff calling on reporters for him??? Did Obama's staff do it for him (I can't remember, can you?)? Then, what makes you think or feel certain any of those questions were "NOT" provided to Biden staff/Biden first?

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Geesh. Another request to prove a negative.

Save    
Nana H

I have seen it done many, many times. As for the questions being screened first...you really think that wouldn't be exposed? That the questions were screened is unfounded conjecture.

Save    
how2girl

What leads you to believe any of this is true? Trump has been president for 4 years and do you see his staff calling on reporters for him???

They don’t need to because Trump does the calling - selecting reporters from his friendly RW “yellow” media organisations.

3 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

^^^ and when he doesn't like the question he leaves or calls the reporter names.

5 Likes Save    
Ann

Nana, Trump speaks to one or more groups nearly every day and often takes questions. I'll watch in upcoming days to see how often his staff (rather than Trump) chooses the person for the next question. If you didn't mean in this current administration, then by whom? Did Obama do that? If not Obama, in which administration did you see "it done many, many times"?

Do I think Biden could get away with getting questions from MSM in advance and do I think many of them would happily cooperate with that plan (especially if there isn't a rule against it in any given situation)? Absolutely, I think they might!!!!! I certainly think it possible a Trump friendly person (e.g., someone like Hannity) would do the same if Trump wanted it. But, while Biden is simply loaded with media who very much want to see him elected, Trump is not. My goodness, even Hillary was fed questions in advance at a presidential debate, and that's a heck of a lot more serious (and likely against very strict debate rules) than it being arranged at a simple news conference. So, I don't know if this does or doesn't happen on a regular basis - but you firmly stated in caps that it is "NOT". How do you know this and why do you think this?

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Re russian propaganda: IMO, comments like this shouldn't be allowed on HT and I hope this one is removed.

Perhaps you are unaware of this, probably because DHS withheld the information even though the American people should be informed of this:

The Department of Homeland Security in July withheld an intelligence bulletin warning of a Russian plot to spread misinformation regarding Joe Biden's mental health, according to a report from ABC News on Wednesday.

In a draft of the bulletin obtained by the network and confirmed by DHS titled "Russia Likely to Denigrate Health of US Candidates to Influence 2020 Election," analysts said with "high confidence" that "Russian malign influence actors are likely to continue denigrating presidential candidates through allegations of poor mental or physical health to influence the outcome of the 2020 election," according to ABC News. The bulletin, which was produced by the DHS Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A), also raised efforts by China and Iran to criticize President Donald Trump, the network reported. Source: CNN

While the report did say something about chinese propaganda in favor of biden, I don't believe it as there were plenty of specifics around russia and essentially nothing around china...I think they were just trying to appease trump and give him an out to say his usual "both sides" thing.

Save    
Ann

"you really think that wouldn't be exposed?"

Yes, I think if it was learned by the opposition, it would be exposed as it was in that Clinton presidential debate situation.

Let me ask you and others here, if we happen to learn or discover Biden had advance knowledge of 1, some, or all questions yesterday - would you care or complain?

Save    
Nana H

Ann, you don't need to watch it. I can tell you right now Trump is the one who directs his questions to specific reporters he never uses anyone to ensure wide and broad coverage. He has a need to totally control the situation. When he doesn't like a question he is either disparaging of the reporter, ignores it or walks off, he also rarely answers a policy type question...almost never. His pat answer is, we are working on it and expect to have an answer/plan soon. Of course soon never happens.

I have no intention of spending my time running around trying to disprove your negative assertion. Think whatever you want I couldn't care less.

edited

Save    
Ann

"They don’t need to because Trump does the calling - selecting reporters from his friendly RW “yellow” media organisations."

Lol, when was the last time you watched Trump selecting reporters at a news conference? If it's your opinion he's getting mostly a series of "friendly" Trump supporting reporters asking questions, I think it might be worth a refresher for you.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

That's a whole lot of confusing commentary, Ann, on who calls on reporters when Trump is the question-taker.

(He calls on the known-to-be-fakes way too often and skips some all too often.)

Save    
Ann

"You don't want to believe me, don't believe me I couldn't care less."

No, I certainly don't believe, "It is very common for staff to call on reporters for questions". I think that's incorrect.

1 Like Save    
how2girl

Ann

"They don’t need to because Trump does the calling - selecting reporters from his friendly RW “yellow” media organisations."

Lol, when was the last time you watched Trump selecting reporters at a news conference? If it's your opinion he's getting mostly a series of "friendly" Trump supporting reporters asking questions, I think it might be worth a refresher for you.

Every news conference he has. If any non aligned reporter can get a question in (they’re not selected) he ignores, or insults, calls them nasty, or leaves the room.

3 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Just...No to all of you. It is obvious his questions were handpicked, maybe even made up by staff. He was reading the answers off the teleprompter. It was not like when Trump answers questions, HE doesn't hide behind his staff, like SlowJoe does, to answer the reporters. Most of the reporters asking Trump questions, are from news organizations who are slamming him and asking him questions that he has to think "on the spot" and answer. Something we ALL know that SlowJoe isn't capable of.

Save    
barncatz

Just...No to all of you. It is obvious his questions were handpicked, maybe even made up by staff. He was reading the answers off the teleprompter.

AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely asserts Biden was fed questions

THE FACTS: Biden did not read answers off a teleprompter. Nor did The Associated Press, which asked the first question at the briefing, submit questions in advance.

Trump’s accusation reflected his tactic of trying to stir doubts about Biden’s mental acuity.

https://apnews.com/820cc86afebcb8f4bfe17be626c77551

ETA: Not just Trump. He's back to "not colluding" with Russian propaganda in our elections. I don't agree that discussing that propaganda effort is out of line, although Trump's Homeland Security agrees that it shouldn't be publicized, so there's that.

WASHINGTON — The Department of Homeland Security has declined to publish a July 9 intelligence document that warns of Russian attempts to denigrate Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s mental health, prompting new scrutiny of political influence at the department.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/us/politics/trump-biden-russia-election.html

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

"Biden won't be babied by posters because he has felt the need to hide in his basement or has a stuttering issue. He will be broadly criticized, on many a trait and many an issue".

Now Ann, you must be at least pleased with Joe since he never stuck out his chin when giving the speech like Obama used to do, right?

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Just...No to all of you. It is obvious his questions were handpicked, maybe even made up by staff. He was reading the answers off the teleprompter.

Sorry, olliesmom, you are not my go-to source for factual info when it comes to Biden. Your bias is clearly showing.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

LOL! And yours isn't?? Please. Excuse me, if I don't take yours as factual either.

1 Like Save    
Toby

Still working the "frail Biden with dementia" line? Think it will convince the 3% of still undecided voters who probably won't vote anyway? Is lying for Trump worth the few voters who it might persuade?

Meanwhile, former Republican governors are the latest to endorse Biden.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Why does trump like to take questions in front of a buzzing helicopter? It makes him feel important? Or if the questions get too tough, he says, "Gotta go now!"

I'm sure Biden's basement isn't a unfinished room where the cat litter box is kept. No doubt it is well set up with the technology and furniture needed to accommodate his needs, maybe meetings with others. People like to say he's hiding there because that's all they've got. He's a world away from trump in all the important ways. He did not need to come out swinging from day 1 because it would have been a waste of time and energy.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Vlad pays his staff to push the narrative, but Fox News does it for free.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

OK, if the Associated Press is too fake for you, anybody believe Howard Kurtz, Fox News?

And while Kennedy and Francis [ Fox News hosts] pushed the narrative that Biden received his questions in advance, Fox’s resident media critic Howard Kurtz knocked down that exact claim on Twitter.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I’ve seen every president go through a list of reporters selected to call on,” he wrote, in response to one user who accused Biden of getting pre-planned questions. “That doesn't mean Biden had any idea what they were going to ask, although some of the questions were predictable.

Howard Kurtz, Fox News,

You can criticize Biden's responses, but he took a dozen questions on a range of topics (Covid, Afghanistan, monuments) from several news organizations, including Fox

Quote Tweet

Jeff

@jetputt56

· Jul 1

Replying to @HowardKurtz

Howie, that was a 'presser'? Really, the man tried to read from a script (and couldn't) and the reporters were from the local weekly readers. It was an embarrassment.

Save    
Nana H

A Fox reporter seems to agree with me and what I have witnessed over the years. The only time I've seen Trump do it is at formal press conferences usually with visiting dignitaries.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I’ve seen every president go
through a list of reporters selected to call on,” he wrote, in response
to one user who accused Biden of getting pre-planned questions. “That
doesn't mean Biden had any idea what they were going to ask, although
some of the questions were predictable.

Howard Kurtz, Fox News,"

ETA Kurtz is media reporter...the media is his beat!

Save    
Kathy

Criticizing Biden for broadcasting from his homemade studio is really a weak argument. It is a ploy to make Trump look strong for hiding behind his security wall.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Joe Biden is being criticized for acting responsibly during a pandemic. He works frequently out of his home to limit exposure of others to the virus. What a jerk he must be. How weak of him to be considerate. He doesnt gather hundreds of people together so they can all experience the thrill of Russian Roulette with Covid. Darn that Joe anyway.

8 Likes Save    
Nana H

Trump campaigns mostly out of " his " house too.......

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

Why do Trumpers care when or if Biden speaks, how he speaks and to whom he speaks?

They obviously won't agree with what he says and have no intention of voting for him.

Seems like of waste of time and energy to me. There are no minds to be changed here.

5 Likes Save    
Ann

"Why do Trumpers care when or if Biden speaks, how he speaks and to whom he speaks?"

Just this week, my husband and I were watching Biden speak and I paused the TV and said, "Can you imagine a State of the Union address given by Biden. I don't think I would watch for 4 years because they'd be such a snooze fest." That guy is so creepy. He got really whispery in a clip I saw of him speaking today. It was really weird.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Well, I don't watch Trump's SOU...

Save    
Rory (Zone 6)(6)

I have also never watched trump's SOU. Hearing him speak is comical and revolting at the same time.

Save    
Kathy

I genuinely hope if Biden is elected the self proclaimed cons don’t watch. He would probably learn much more than they would ever want to admit about the damage Trump has done to this country.

Save    
Nana H

Pleased that Kurtz affirmed what I said about it not being unusual for press persons to pre select the reporters who are called on. Mind you one can chose not to belive him either.

Save    
tapla(mid-Michigan z-5b-6a)

Yesterday, basement Biden boasted, "If you think the Republicans got a boost after their convention, just wait until you see ours!"

Al

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I see my post was removed for no good reason...

Save    
paprikash

Bidense speaking with his mask on with no one anywhere near him reminds me of a muzzled chihuahua. Then there’s Trump — a robust bulldog.

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

He got really whispery in a clip I saw of him speaking today. It was really weird.

Joe speaking softly while carrying a big stick as opposed to trump screaming loudly while being a big .... The choice is clear.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

a robust bulldog who is happy to gnaw the foot off your leg...

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Here is the creepy clip, in case you missed it and want to see it. This video is only 40 seconds.

https://www.850wftl.com/this-is-sooo-creepy-whispering-joe-biden/

1 Like Save    
Tito Milian

Ann, remindEd me of Sigourney Weaver in Alien.Poor Porsche! https://www.looper.com/164100/the-alien-movie-saga-finally-explained/

joe needs to get rid of the mask and speak distanced. He sounded like Darth Vader with a leaf blower.

1 Like Save    
elaineinnj

He clearly cannot put his sentences together because he loses track of what he is saying, often stops to think of what he wants to say but cannot figure it out so he says "you know, the thing". Check out videos of him on YouTube. He actually fell asleep during an interview. He comes up with crazy things, does anyone know what he meant when he said economic intercourse? He has been in politics for 47 years, what has he done in all of that time. He says he is going to fix problems, why didn't he do anything when he was vice president, or why didn't he tell obama how to fix things.?

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Who cares? Biden is the candidate who Independents, moderates, and disaffected Republicans said they would vote for--you know, the people who it's going to take to WIN this election.

Note to Trump: Give up on the suburban housewife--that vote's going overwhelmingly to Biden.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

He's taking questions again, right now. I've never heard such scripted, softball questions in my entire life. His staff is choosing who to call on. I don't blame them for doing this; I think they need to, to avoid a major problem. But it won't fly long term.

Asked about how often he's been tested for Covid, he said once. But he's going to be tested regularly, he thought. Another reporter asked when he'd be tested the next time. He didn't know, got kind of flustered, and (paraphrasing) said he just waits for them to tell him "put your head back" and he says yes sir.

Not a good look for Joe to be saying he just waits for people to tell him what to do, but I think he's being honest. That's how he'd run the country, as well.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

I'm watching Biden right now (I'm slightly delayed because I had the TV paused for a bit for a phone call). Anyway, I'll predict right now that I think Trump will win this election. Yep, all the way to a prediction for me today.

This is sad and embarrassing for me to even watch. I can see why Biden has been in his basement. I understand the tightening polls mean he has little choice but to get out now. This is incredible to watch, in a really sad and painful way. Dems, I think you chose the wrong candidate. I think Trump will win this year. We'll soon see.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Not surprisingly I saw it differently and I' ll wager most saw and heard what I saw. Thoughtful, restrained, sincere and informed......more importantly honest and truly concerned about America and the American people.

Save    
Ann

Mudhouse, we overlapped. I agree with all you said and there is no doubt at all, in my mind, these questions are completely under the control of his campaign, including the content of each question. And, how weird it is that he is constantly demonstrating how much help he needs and requires - like telling his assistant to handle the order of the questions. I'm still watching and this is beyond bizarre!!!!!

I think you and I had a similar reaction but my reaction is quite a bit stronger. I actually think today (this speech and questioning) is a significant turning point in this election.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Chris Stirewalt is opining on the "question" section today. He called it "shamefully embarrassing" in that it was a sustained and planned reporter after reporter asking Biden for more dumping on Donald Trump. He said the closest we got to typical adversarial questioning was when Biden was asked if he'd had a covid test. "It was just a real missed opportunity and it was frustrating to see."

Biden better get some practice from questions not chosen, planned, written and allowed from and by his campaign and address some unexpected questions before the Wallace led debate.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Let me guess what media outlet Stirewalt works for.

Save    
Toby

It's funny how they are so eager to scrutinize Biden but they've never been able to take an honest look at Trump.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Nana, what did you think of the questions Biden was asked today? Do you disagree with Stirewalt?

Save    
bfox254

It's funny how Trumpers are pinning all hope of a Trump win on Biden faltering. That's all they've got. The RNC didn't move the needle. the scary cities scenario hasn't budged voter polling and there is no forward looking policy laid out for a second term. Every day seems to bring on more bad news for Trump.

Because Trumpers have gone to great lengths to set low expectations for Biden, if Biden performs half way decently in the first debate it's officially all over for Trump.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

What I think was that the questions were driven by Trump, his comments and the current news cycle over the last few days. Maybe if Trump would talk in a meaningful way about policy that would drive the press to ask some different questions. Trump is the President, he sets the national agenda and his insults and lies are what drive the news cycle. It' s what he wants and it' s what he gets.

BTW questions to Trump are pretty much the same...all about the news cycle he sets.

Save    
Ann

I made an election prediction here on this thread today and Chris Hahn just made one on Fox News. He predicted Biden will win Florida and we will know of a Biden presidential win by 11:30 PM election night.

Save    
bfox254

Hope it's a landslide win

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Good luck on that current news cycle and one of the major focuses of Biden's speech today. John Roberts has personally spoken with 3 people who were present in the France meeting where Trump supposedly said suckers and losers. All three said they have absolutely no memory of that. Bolton, who clearly can't stand Trump, says the same thing.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Ann, if this was isolated maybe not..but it's not an isolated incident. It fits a pattern.

ETA ...I don' t think it was a major focus of his speech at all . His speech was more about covid and the economy. The press made it about this because that's what is driving the news cycle.

Save    
mudhouse

I think you and I had a similar reaction but my reaction is quite a bit stronger. I actually think today (this speech and questioning) is a significant turning point in this election.

I'm thinking the turning point is more likely to happen in a debate, but we'll see. I'm just not sure how many people are tuning in to these daytime speeches (except those of us who follow the news pretty religiously.)

As I listened to Biden pour out his supposed anger, outrage, vitriol and insults over Trump's supposed (fake) comments about the military, I kept thinking how many people on the left criticized the Republican convention as being "dark, dark, dark!"

Biden's entire speech was a lie-filled stream of angry negativity and dire predictions, but we won't hear anybody on the left characterize his comments as "dark." Nope, it'll be justified outrage! Trump is deplorable, unfit, and pathological!

I actually think Biden does better when he gets a running start and goes into "angry" mode. Seems like he makes fewer stumbling mistakes when he raises his voice and gets up a head of steam; we may see more of that, as a result.

He should stop saying "I just don't get it, I just don't get it," over and over again. I'm pretty sure his team has talked to him about how it's not a good look for someone whose mental acuity is in doubt, but I think he just falls back into it.

1 Like Save    
Rory (Zone 6)(6)

So being thoughtful and considering your wording is a bad thing?? Trump's word salads must make perfect sense to you!

Word Salad

Save    
Ann

"Biden's entire speech was a lie-filled stream of angry negativity and dire predictions, but we won't hear anybody on the left characterize his comments as "dark." Nope, it'll be justified outrage! Trump is deplorable, unfit, and pathological!'

Dark was certainly Biden's deal today.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Well, we all get to have our our own interpretations, Rory. I don't think Biden's pauses and searching for words are being thoughtful. I think he's having a hard time processing his thoughts, and knowing where to go with the next sentence. Many of us do that, as we age. But I don't think most Americans will see this behavior (which seems to be a marked change, from a few years ago) and decide Biden's a strong choice for president.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"Ann, if this was isolated maybe not..but it's not an isolated incident. It fits a pattern."

I think the Atlantic piece was yet another calculated tactic - a lie intended to start a narrative.

1 Like Save    
HU-400972298

Biden should stop whispering. I think Biden thinks that it conveys gravity and sincerity, but with the mask especially, it came across as ineffective and strange.

Biden can do a good patter, and he'd do better standing away from people and taking off his mask to understand him better and not hear his breathing against the face covering.

2 Likes Save    
mudhouse

I'll say something positive about Biden: I'm glad he's come out of the basement, and decided to make remarks, and even take some questions. People deserve to know who he is, and what he thinks, and how capable he is.

Looking forward to less scripted questions, and to the debates. I fully expect the debate moderators to try to hand him softball questions, as well, but I think it will be harder for him to hide not being able to handle anything that comes his way.

Save    
mudhouse

Biden should stop whispering. I think Biden thinks that it conveys gravity and sincerity, but with the mask especially, it came across as ineffective and strange.

Yup. It's creepy.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"I think he's having a hard time processing his thoughts."

Me too! Today, it was especially and terribly apparent IMO.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Biden talks low. He isn’t whispering. He is so far above Trump there is no comparison when it comes to any conversation. Trump is risking the life of every American by making fun of Biden not wearing a mask and his sycophants are just as bad by repeating Trump. It is really a shame Trump thinks he can only win by disparaging people personally instead of arguing policies.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Anyone who thinks minds will change much at this point are dreaming. Trump supporters hear one thing when he speaks, others hear something totally different and vice versa. I suspect that just as many Trump supporters cringe when he says certain thngs as Biden supporters cringe when he says certain things.

It' s going to come down to a few States......and I for one have no idea how a few of them may go...and that goes both for Biden and Trump.

Save    
HU-400972298

Ann, Biden's team thinks animating their candidate with anger is going to swing voters, I guess.

I really think this will backfire on the anti-Trump coalition who foisted the story, and Biden, who's being goaded into responding so he looks more vigorous and animated.

This could have been a McCain moment for Biden, referencing of course, when someone called Obama a Muslim (and maybe brought up other rumors) and McCain put a stop to it immediately.

That was a golden moment for McCain and a teaching moment on many levels.

Save    
Toby

People deserve to know who he is, and what he thinks, and how capable he is.

He's been in the public eye for forty years, eight of those as VP.

What do we know about Trump, with the way they've covered up for him? The "catch and kill" stories, the refusal to let people in his administration testify, hiding his taxes, hiding the purpose of his visit to Walter Reed, allowing no one to listen to his phone calls, take notes, or sit in on meetings with Putin? You'd be better served spending some time getting real about Trump than criticizing Biden.

Which holds more weight with thinking people, the endorsement of just about everyone across a wide spectrum of American life or what some pundits on Fox News and Trump's devout followers think? Do you honestly think any of this makes a bit of difference? People have made up their minds.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

Toby, I think that is what is panicking Trump and his supporters, the realization that minds are made up and at this point in favour of Biden.

3 Likes Save    
mudhouse

He's been in the public eye for forty years, eight of those as VP.
...Do you honestly think any of this makes a bit of difference? People have made up their minds.

That's true, he's been in office for decades (without making many effective improvements, either.) But people need to know who Joe Biden is now, because I think he's changed, and not for the better. I think he's declining. Also, people need to know exactly what he would propose on current issues, not the ones that faced the country while Obama was in office.

I agree with you that most people have decided how to vote, but the election may come down to a narrow group that's still deciding. The polls are tightening. I believe "thinking people" want to know what Biden will say when asked tough questions on a range of issues. They know Trump's stance on many current issues; he's not shy to say what he thinks on policies. Biden needs to do the same in a format that allows some kind of direct comparison of ideas, and that's why debates are good.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

I am in awe that Republicans still think Trump is about policies. Haven’t they seen how many genuine Republicans have abandoned Trump and are voting for Biden? Rick Snyder R-Gov-Mi is voting for Biden and numerous other Republican Governors.

Even the Mayor of our city who has been Republican announced he is voting for Biden.

Nearly 100 Republican and independent leaders will endorse Democrat Joe Biden for president on Thursday, including one-time 2020 Republican presidential candidate Bill Weld and the former Republican governors of Michigan and New Jersey, people involved in the effort told Reuters.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/republicans-voting-for-biden-not-trump.html

1 Like Save    
Toby

Trump appeals to only a certain demographic who likes his RW extremism. The majority of voters support almost all of the Dem's policies.

It's amazing that Trumpers think this is a normal election and that three debates will sway voters. What is going to determine the winner is whether Dems get off their butts and go to the polls. Enthusiasm is high, whether the voter is for Biden or against Trump.

1 Like Save    
barncatz

He [ Biden] actually fell asleep during an interview.

This is a lie. Stop spreading it, please. This is one of many articles:

Q: Does a video shared on social media show Joe Biden sleeping during a live television interview?

A: No. The video was manipulated to make it appear that he had fallen asleep.

FULL QUESTION

Is the video of Joe Biden falling asleep during an interview manipulated or did it really happen?

FULL ANSWER

A doctored video of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden appearing to fall asleep during a TV interview has been viewed millions of times online. It was even shared on Twitter Aug. 30 by Dan Scavino, the White House deputy chief of staff for communications.

In the manipulated video, Biden’s eyes appear to be closed as a news anchor says, “Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.” The sound of snoring also was added to the clip.

But the video was created by splicing together two separate videos. The chyron that says “ON AIR: JOE BIDEN | THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS ELECTION” was made-up too.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/video-manipulated-to-show-biden-asleep/

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Oh gosh! I don't think I'll be able to listen then. Part of me still feels sorry for him, but unfortunately, I don't respect him anymore, since he sold himself out, and the lies he tells (or what his people tell him to tell). Wouldn't you think his wife, who is suppose to love him so much, would have a serious talk with him? Surely she notices it.

Save    
Kathy

It’s Russian propaganda to believe Biden is failing.

4 Likes Save    
Ann

Cavuto, on his show today:

"You know, I've always said on this show and I have a lot of critics on both sides, I just call ball and strikes. I look at what's right when I hear something out of a candidate. I look at what's wrong when I hear something out of a candidate, regardless of the candidate. So I think that both men, especially when you are running for the highest office in the land, should be held under intense scrutiny. I DID NOT (Cavuto put special emphasis on these two words when speaking) see that today with Joe Biden when it came to the press. Take a look." Then, he plays a video of the questions from today, one after another. He then came back and said: "That's not fair and balanced. That's not doing your job. Let's compare it to a routine treatment that comes out of the Donald Trump give and take with the press. Take a look." Then he plays typical questions Trump fields. He then came back and said: "I don't know, I don't know. I have no fans in the White House. I have no fans on the other side. But, man oh man, all I'm saying here is let's be fair to everyone.....the same should apply to both sides. If you're going to have Joe Biden, talk about how he'd do things economically differently or how, for example, the virus - he was on top of it from the very beginning when the facts are he wasn't. Call him on it. Call both on it. But, treat both the same way."

Then Cavuto introduces his panel to discuss this (from both parties) and begins his first question by saying: "Come on, my point here was this was insulting! To frame it in a way that there was no bad way the VP could answer, that's embarrassing."

The panel proceeded to discuss.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

Cavuto is still going on about today's questions, lol. He's really wound up about the unfairness of it and says there has to be a "sense of fair play" (Cavuto's words) and Cavuto say he just doesn't see that.

3 Likes Save    
Toby

Cavuto will vote for Biden.

1 Like Save    
elvis

Call both on it. But, treat both the same way."

I doubt that will ever happen. I think Joe's got it straight that he's "running for president of the USA". He knows his name is Joe Biden, and he usually knows the difference between his wife and sister, especially if he can't see both of them at the same time. That should be easy enough to monitor.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Joe Biden releases medical assessment, described as 'healthy, vigorous'

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump may call Joe Biden “sleepy,” but the former vice president’s physician states that the 77-year-old is in good health and nowhere near slowing down.

Dr. Kevin O’Connor of The George Washington University released a three-page medical summary of Biden's health on Tuesday at the request of his patient, in which he described Biden as a “healthy, vigorous, 77-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency to include those as Chief Executive, Head of State and Commander in Chief.”

3 Likes Save    
HU-400972298

Biden's team telling him to react to anonymous claims that Trump disparaged fallen military soldiers was a mistake. Biden has been quick to anger on the campaign trail, calling Americans "fat" and "dog faced pony soldier' and it just didn't help his image seeing his veins bulge over unproven allegations.

The right response would have been to say let's wait for an investigation, but obviously his team thought he needed to punch it up. To see Biden that provoked, while at the same time, acknowledging that he understood the allegations to be just that, shows a man who is too quick to judgement, as well as anger.

1 Like Save    
deegw

Still not voting for Trump. And the "incident" hasn't changed your vote either. All the RW mental anguish about Biden is just a bunch of hot air.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

When trumpers start turning the same critical eye and outrage toward trump that they do to Biden, Pelosi, et al maybe then they’ll have an ounce of credibility.

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

A mistake is trump thinking the people he treats like dogs would stay loyal to him and not tell the truth. A mistake is trump thinking most people can’t see his depraved character.

2 Likes Save    
zmith

That will never happen,JoaniePoanie, because then they would have to turn a critical eye upon themselves and ask why they support Trump.

3 Likes Save    
cattyles

I guess the trade off for trump is the Covid-fest at the White House. How fair was that? The rose garden renovation was to enable the cameras.

Time for trump to suck it up and swallow some of his own medicine.

1 Like Save    
mudhouse

Nana: Toby, I think that is what is panicking Trump and his supporters, the
realization that minds are made up and at this point in favour of Biden.

deegw: All the RW mental anguish about Biden is just a bunch of hot air.

Not to be argumentative, but I don't think anybody that supports Trump is feeling anything close to anguish, or panic. I'm not outraged, either. I'm quite calm and comfortable, and liking Trump's position in the race right now, speaking for myself...

3 Likes Save    
Ann

"Cavuto will vote for Biden."

I'd make that guess as well.

Save    
Ann

Me too Mudhouse (calm and comfortable). Panic seems to be in the Biden campaign because the polls have tightened and instead of starting his out of the basement campaign after Monday, there was a quick and kind of funny regroup this week. The polls (national and state) suddenly tightened quite a bit and I've covered that each day on the poll thread.

As far as on HT, I don't know if Dems are feeling panic or not. Maybe they think Biden will win this election. But, I don't think so. I think Trump will win this year.

Now, in mid summer, I did not think Trump would win. My opinion (and the polls) have really changed quite a bit since then.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

Here in Wisconsin, the phone calls are very...vigorous. Can we pull a rabbit out of the hat again?

Ah, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Or the traitor badmouths our military heroes too many times to wiggle out.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Elvis, I keep hoping for poll calls but I'm not getting any. In 2016 I was a registered Republican but I'm registered as Unaffiliated now. One of my kids who was registered as Unaffiliated in 2016 got tons of poll calls, but I'm not getting any this year. Maybe it's because we aren't a swing state so not worth a pollsters effort. But, I'd think I'd get an occasional call about our Senate race the Dems hope to flip from red to blue. I don't think Hickenlooper is a slam dunk to replace Gardner - so I'd think they'd want to poll that race.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Tastemakers 5 Questions From ICFF: Lindsey Adelman
The inventive designer takes a break from New York's International Contemporary Furniture Fair to talk about her artistic lighting fixtures
Full Story
Fun Houzz Take the Harry Potter Design Quiz!
Prove You're Ready to Face You-Know-Who With This 7-Question Quiz
Full Story
Architecture 5 Questions to Ask Before Committing to an Open Floor Plan
Wide-open spaces are wonderful, but there are important functional issues to consider before taking down the walls
Full Story