SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emilylub

Please help with hot tub and landscape design

Emily
3 years ago

Hello,

It’s my first time asking for advice here. We have ordered a round hot tub. We’re getting ready to pour a concrete slab for it to sit on. The hot tub is 84 inches in diameter, and on one end there will be two steps that extend out another 24 inches.

We are placing the hot tub next to our deck, with some tall evergreens on one side. We will access it from a door off the patio. Placement of hot tub is shown in photo where the red X is located.

Questions I would love to hear your advice about:

1. Should we go with a rectangular concrete pad? How far should it extend beyond the hot tub area? If so, what should I do with the empty corners of the concrete pad?
  2. Other recommendations to make this area of the yard look more integrated or thoughtfully considered? Ways to give the hot tub area privacy from the left side (opposite the evergreens)? Perhaps a way to incorporate some outdoor string lights?
  3. I am leaning toward the charcoal exterior for the hot tub, with white interior. Steps and cover will match the charcoal. Is this a good choice?

Thanks for your time!

Comments (6)